Spaggyroe's off road trailer build... err... built..??

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I originally wasn't going to do a "build thread" on my trailer, because this was intended to be a wintertime project that I could work on as time, money, and the desire to work on the thing presented itself. I shared some pics with @Magerdgr, who convinced me to throw some build pics up even though the trailer is nearly done at this point.

In late 2017, I picked up some parts to start building an off-road trailer to make camping easier and more enjoyable. Luckily, RME has some GREAT trailer threads to pull inspiration from ( @Box Rocket , @I Lean , and others). I always liked the jeep tub trailer that was built on Trucks a few years ago, so I decided to go that route and picked up a couple of TJ tubs.

Attachments

• IMG_6139.JPG
    IMG_6139.JPG
    872.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6252.JPG
    IMG_6252.JPG
    916.6 KB · Views: 11

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Built a frame using receiver tubing as the "spine".

I wanted some additional room in front of the tub to hold a tongue box, and a fresh water tank. I ended up using pretty standard 3500 lb trailer axle and springs.

IMG_6704.JPG

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Like others have done, I made the tonge to be a removable / telescoping. I can use a 2" ball, or pintle, or an off-road style hitch like a lock and roll, etc.

IMG_6642.JPG

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I added a tongue box and jack from horrible freight.

The tank behind it is a 17? gallon from Frontrunner Outfitters.

The angle iron "boxes" on each side of the tank will hold batteries

IMG_6765.JPG

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I like it! Should be very functional, too. Is the fitting in the passenger side fuel filler connected to the water tank?

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I like it! Should be very functional, too. Is the fitting in the passenger side fuel filler connected to the water tank?

Thanks Carl. Yes, that's the the outlet from the water tank. There's a generic 12v RV water pump under the tub that'll run up to that fitting. It's made for quick disconnect of pressure washer hoses.