Spaggyroe's scratch built early Bronco build.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
uh...

Anyways, the Bronco looks great! No better way to do it. I'm shocked that the frame and axles were in such good shape when the rest was so roached...

What was left of the body actually didnt have that much rust. It had been wrecked (probably rolled). The frame was straight but had a bunch of booger welded garbage going on that was added along with that sweet roll cage. The frame had to have a lot of grinding / cleanup. The frame horns weren’t great. I got them straightened out enough for me. The front axle is a D44 from a later year early bronco. This is a 69 and originally had a D30.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Oh, and the axles were pretty rusty / crusty. I spent a few hours on each with a wire brush mounted in my angle grinder.

SnwMnkys

Soooo... Back in the good ol days of 2019, I decided that I wanted to get back into an Early Bronco. It has been a long time since I've owned one and was shocked to find what a rusted out heap was going for these days. After looking at several that were mostly transparent, but still expensive, I decided to go for broke (literally) and just build one.

I came across a good deal on this wreck, but hey... it had a frame, a title, a 9" rear, a D44 front, a few other usable parts, and the price was right.

Yes, I actually paid genuine U.S. pesos for this....

View attachment 127532

The way it sits here it almost looks like a caricature from the animated film cars.
Killer build. My EB is a 69 as well. Amazing how much crap you have to pump into them just to make them somewhat modern. Let alone fight rust issues.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
F928A894-633E-433C-90B7-C26E92D18871.jpeg

Today I finished installing the new front accessory drive. This is specific for putting a coyote in an E.B. and includes a sanden AC compressor, 200 amp powermaster 4g alternator, and an explorer power steering pump along with belts and tensioners. The coyote engine didn’t have a power steering pump from the factory. I also had to delete the factory oil cooler as it won’t clear the narrow early bronco frame.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Some updates..
6FEBB460-A227-43D1-9E03-60AE08697F64.jpeg
Stainless exhaust and Magnaflow showed up. No headers yet. Also, Ron Davis radiator.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
View attachment 127616

Today I finished installing the new front accessory drive. This is specific for putting a coyote in an E.B. and includes a sanden AC compressor, 200 amp powermaster 4g alternator, and an explorer power steering pump along with belts and tensioners. The coyote engine didn’t have a power steering pump from the factory. I also had to delete the factory oil cooler as it won’t clear the narrow early bronco frame.

Your alternator is on backwards. That's going to cause it to pull power instead of making power. :D

ID Bronco

A guy in a Coyote Mustang blew past me yesterday, he was really moving and I thought of how cool this is going to be..............................then ironically I saw the same guy at Autozone with the hood up.

Great choice on everything.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
It's definitely a weird setup.. but all part of jamming 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag.
:rofl:

I've seen this done on buggies and I think it's cool. Love the build and anybody that doesn't can fight me lol

A guy in a Coyote Mustang blew past me yesterday, he was really moving and I thought of how cool this is going to be..............................then ironically I saw the same guy at Autozone with the hood up.

Great choice on everything.

They were probably installing fancy lights or something. I ran into a crowd of mustangs at the Rio Tinto light show thing last weekend and they all had rainbow headlights that did patterns and stuff. It was weird and I was confused. I'm out of touch with what's cool though...

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
This thing is going to be wicked! What are the finishing plans? Will the exterior look stock/original or modernized?

Aesthetically, it’ll look pretty stock except on 35’s and with method wheels. It’ll probably get painted back to the original “reef aqua” shade of blue. If not Reef, it’ll be another OE bronco color. I’m adding the chrome trim that the sport package would have had. White hard top. Stock chrome bumpers, stock door handles, stock radio antenna, etc. The fender badging will have the bronco sport script, as well as the stock 302 badge (which I guess is still technically correct). It will have some more modern headlights, probably the JW Speaker brand.