Speaking of white letters out---how old are these tires?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Looking at a different Z28. Not sure we'll come to terms but if the tires were newer, I'd offer more $. Can anyone decipher these sidewalls?

1628258487411.jpeg
Just from this pic, I’m needing tires.
1628258524613.jpeg

This seems to be the date code?

1628258568173.jpeg

RockChucker

If I remember right, a 4 digit date code became standard in 2000. So if you can find something like 3507, that means the tires were made in the 35th week of 2007. Before 2000 they were a 3 digit date code that is basically useless. Personally I wouldn’t run a tire on a vehicle for road driving that is older than 10 years for fear of separation and blow out. Ymmv

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

boogie_4wheel

That tire is still available, had them on my C10 from 2002. They had a normal 4 digit date code but I don't remember which side of the tire it was on (look on the black letter side as well).
Installed a new set of tires on it this spring and it was between another set of BFG Radial T/A and the Cooper Cobras. Decided on the Coopers strictly on price.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
If I remember right, a 4 digit date code became standard in 2000. So if you can find something like 3507, that means the tires were made in the 35th week of 2007.

This is correct. Be advised: the date code digits aret typically printed only on one side of the tire, most likely the 'back' side (or in this case, the non white letter side). The date digits are 'printed' in a different manner than the rest of the serial number, so you'll know when you see them.

4x4_Welder

The DOT code is on the blackwall side. You'll have a molded in string of numbers that start with DOT, then the last four (after 2000) in a box. That's the date code. If there's only three numbers in the box, it's made before 2000.