Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Updated work list...

• Engine mount bolts
  • T-Case x-member repair
  • F&R brake line fixes (front leak)
  • Steering Res. relocation
  • Fuel Cell mounting & plumbing (future work)
  • New inner axle seals, kingpin seals
  • Install gears & locker
  • Remove manifolds, install headers
  • Build exhaust, add O2 sensors
  • Check shock mounts for clearance at flex
  • T-Case skidplate mods
  • Build engine skid plate
  • Replace rear seal in Atlas
  • Check steering for clearance
  • Cut shifter gates
  • Clean up rear raw steel
  • Mount Milwaukee Packout
  • Build Cooler mount

Greg

Admin
It's not quite finished, but at least it is driving again! All the work has paid off, I'm very excited about how it's come together.

The new exhaust is dual, 2.5" to a 3" resonator and Magnaflow performance muffler (both straight thru) and it's stupid loud. 😳 Like, OK for a race car.... but not OK for a trail Jeep. I'm going to need quieter mufflers, unfortunately.

I took it for a quick test run around the neighborhood, get a feel for the ORI's and new steering & other change... and its silly how stable it is now. I floored it from a stop and ran it all the way thru 1st gear and well into 2nd (60 MPH) and it's totally planted, not all over the road like it was before. The ORI's are really a game changer for the TJ, I think 2WD dirt roads in Moab and sand dunes elsewhere are going to be a new favorite.

The hood and scoop were painted by a friend, they look awesome and the color match is right on!!

i-vdvtKBW-X2.jpg

i-sBhrXdv-X2.jpg

i-N4QhhmZ-X2.jpg

i-vxjfWJc-X2.jpg

Greg

Admin
The Speed Goat keeps getting better! A set of DOT tires were needed, so I wasn't wearing out the sticky BFG Krawlers. I picked up a set of 40" Nitto Tire USA Trail Grapplers and mounted them on the beautiful TeraFlex Suspensions Olympus Beadlocks wheels. The machine work on the Olympus wheels is AMAZING, these things look so good.... and the finish goes with the ORI shocks! This is a killer combo, IMO. I'll keep the BFG Krawlers and BattleBorn Gatekeepers for when things get real serious. ;)

i-9Nn3Grk-X2.jpg
i-VH9wrwf-X2.jpg

Got to work mounting them in the shop...
i-cN4Zg8Z-X2.jpg

They're beautiful, took it for a quick spin around the block and they roll nice & smooth. The Speed Goat could damn near be a DD with the new wheels & tires! The neighbors might not like the early morning engine starts... :rofl:

i-ZzSv5Bt-X2.jpg

i-Xjc9QqR-X2.jpg

i-BsTfkpL-X2.jpg

i-DX9TzSv-X2.jpg