Spiral Jetty and?? Looking for ideas

Houndoc

Thinking on Saturday will finally head to Spiral Jetty.

Ideas on making the most of our day?

Not sure what vehicles we will have. Probably the Xterra but unless essential don't think my daughter wants to bring her Cherokee. More likely Hyundai something or the other.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I've honestly not been to the jetty, but on the north side of the lake the bovine mtns and they devils garden are really cool. Could probably loop up on the rr grade pretty fast

Houndoc

How long do you have? The TCRR/Pony Express loop is a great drive, but it's a long one and I wouldn't want to drive it on street tires. Graboids everywhere up there, and they like the taste of tires.
Time wise pretty much just an afternoon.
Sometime do need to make the full north side loop.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
As people have said, the ATK/Northrup-Grumman Rocket Garden is a neat stop. The Golden Spike National Historic Park is also worth a visit, not sure if the museum part is open right now, but the outdoor stuff you can still wander around. And just to the east of the Spiral Jetty are the remains of the old oil derricks that used to operate on the lake, I personally find those more interesting than the jetty.
Put those all together and you'll have a decent afternoon trip. Cap it off with a stop at Peach City in Brigham City and you'll be good!