Spotted

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've been meaning to post these random ones.

I'm far from a Jeep aficionado so all I know is I'm looking at something old. This was spotted literally abandoned in a small town Saudi Arabia neighborhood, they would literally help you load it up if you wanted to take it. Guessing it dates back to WWII, it would be epic to know more about it.

20200109_170700.jpg

Spotted this on this morning in Vieques. The island was once heavily used by the US military for bombing and other training. They've left the island for the most part but many buildings, runways, bunkers, etc have been repurposed. Weren't these CJ6's very common in the military? I've spied a handful and I'm guessing they too are surplus?

20200223_100841.jpg

Last but not least also here in Vieques, this one stash of cool surplus/abandoned rigs. The Humvees caught my eye until I saw the back end of a Unimog :cool:

I've wanted a Mog for so long. A tractorized one would be a perfect answer in search of a problem for me!

20200222_121145.jpg

smfulle

I've been meaning to post these random ones.

I'm far from a Jeep aficionado so all I know is I'm looking at something old. This was spotted literally abandoned in a small town Saudi Arabia neighborhood, they would literally help you load it up if you wanted to take it. Guessing it dates back to WWII, it would be epic to know more about it.

View attachment 125173

I knew this wasn't a WWII jeep because it has a tailgate, but even though I have a 48 CJ2A I'm not up on all the details that differentiate the CJ2A, CJ3A, M38 etc. so I ran this by the Throbbing Brain that is thecj2apage.com and this is what they came up with.

"Hard to say Stan but i'll wager it's "all original" and "ran when parked". "

"Side mounted tire, no glove compartment. Looks like a CJ, but which kind I'm not sure. "

"
It has a 3A seat frame and 3A keyswitch location.

Edit: And 3A canvas door channels.
Edit2: And what appears to be a 3A windshield."

The Willys CJ3A began production around 1950 and ended in 1953.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
y4mImxvS-beQ8YTznK-3JlYUoNJSqF2Lhf4cbQpFSft3GsbcdA2T2tp0S3qimwJPvmRPOBwCt3mysXMQi9mYe-bxafavXMEmfWulWbJr57g56OSDrfNoouxSFohYMxGPewkwr1D5wjWtrnKJZb_6BMfdiNr_argKvPKaUQQexWsjj2R1Xp9tWFdme0fqaAIZdVgzbQiE4oO9-do-6DWQNx9pg

This got my attention the other day on the way home. Was able to hit the "camera" button on my phone after we stopped in the stop/go traffic. Curious how that would have ended for him. I was able to get his attention and told him "You're going to want to check your load, ASAP" He got off at the next exit.

The_Lobbster

Don't worry though, tarps are nice and secure up on the front.
Seriously do people even try anymore?
Nope. On two separate occasions, I have seen vehicles being towed up I15, strapped down to the trailer with nothing more, than harbor freight orange 1" wide ratchet straps. Might work to keep it on the trailer while towing, but I can only imagine in an accident it wouldn't fair so well.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Not so much how it would have ended for him, but imagine a small car hitting that on the freeway? ....

That was my concern. I have no idea how that could have concluded but hope he was able to get things taken care of. Those bags have to be 2500-3k? I don’t think it would hurt me (certainly my truck) if I hit it on my Super Duty but it’d do some pretty nasty damage. Small car would be a bad deal

Have you seen anything similar in your professional life?

Last edited: