Spotted

ID Bronco

Probably just moving it to the next homeless camp. Last time I was in LA saw a line of them parked on top of one of the big concrete aqueducts. Looked like they had been there a loooooong time. If I was a resident of the area I’d be pissed. Whole area was covered with trash and bottles, that’s just what I could see driving by.
I hope so, but it was in a pretty decent neighborhood with no other sketchy living arrangements nearby. I like to give the benefit of the doubt, but it's probably a "Toyota's can do it all" kind of thing. 😉

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
That’s crazy that it doesn’t make any sense. Being able to walk to get groceries or have five different live music venues within five city blocks. Have amazing local restaurant options. Surrounding yourself with people that share similar values and interests.

I understand it’s not a lifestyle you want to live, but you have to be able to understand why it’s attractive and appealing to some people, right?
I can totally understand the appeal of all the positives to people. There is for sure an appeal of many great things.

The disconnect for me is the cost of the home comparatively, and the amount of drawbacks associated with the people/drugs.

My scale is tipped way to far to the ‘get me out of here’ side.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I can see both sides of the coin. I like space, parking, shop room, etc. However having spent a fair bit of time wandering around pedestrian friendly cities, it's rad too and certainly I can understand the appeal. I don't get too bothered by homeless or panhandlers in those environs, it fits right in no different than honking horns, sirens and food carts.

I could see an alternate version of my self owning an off-site shop/man-shed with no yard to maintain... and then a condo/studio apartment in a pedestrian friendly city. No lawn to deal with, no snow to shovel. We rarely cook at home and most of our hobbies involve not being at home :D

My wife and I have both talked about a similar scenario, the one thing that thwarts the plan, two big German Shepherds that love the yard and space they have currently. City life would be really tough/unfair on a big dog imo.

How did the "I saw xyz RME'er" turn into "I spotted a homeless camper? :D

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Personally you can have the city life. I don't do crowds and love living in the country. We moved to West Point in Davis County back in 1991 because it was mostly farmland with only a few subdivisions. We loved it there but it started getting too congested for me as it was taking us nearly 20-30 minutes just to get to the interstate and high density housing go up on every other corner. We finally had enough and tapped out in 2016 and moved back to the country in West Haven, which is about 2-miles from where I was born and raised on my parent's dairy farm, however, we are now seeing a huge influx of high density housing which is detracting from our rural community. I am not a fan of the high density shit but I am at least grateful that our subdivision and the one across the street from us are outfitted with larger lots and they are fully developed so no more building will be taking place in my immediate area, but I do worry what it's going to look like when we retire in 6-8 years. I'm dumbfounded at the housing prices as many are at or near $1M and yet a mile from our home there are dilapidated RV's with people squatting in them just off the interstate and yet the city will do nothing about them and pointing the finger at someone else to deal with.

Corban_White

I went through that same thing. Moved to Lehi in 2005 and watched it and all the surrounding communities grow a ton. When deciding where to move to I realized that if it is close to the freeway the growth will come sooner or later. Places that 20 years ago I would have never imagined would grow like they have (Payson, Santaquin, Mona, Nephi, Willard, Perry, Brigham City, etc.), all close to the freeway. So we looked for out of the way places at least an hour's drive from the nearest freeway. Makes shopping inconvenient, but the trade off is absolutely worth it for me. Extra bonus, we ended up in a small town surrounded by National Forest land, so I know what the limits of the growth will be.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
View attachment 156381

I wasn’t able to see who was driving
Clay is in town this week. I hear he will be at Cruisers & Coffee on Saturday Morning.

322581391_2230572527129641_3714959439340350398_n.jpg