Spray waxes

Jesser04

Does anyone use spray waxes? Since getting the Macan I been spending my Sunday mornings before the family is up and going cleaning the car.

I’ve never been a big spray wax person about a month ago I thought I’d give it a try again. I bought a bottle of chemical guys vo7 and pretty impressed with the results easy to apply and the car felt great and had a great shine. I don’t think last more than a week or so but it added maybe 10 minutes to the cleaning process and was worth the time.

Chemical Guys WAC_808_16 Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant and Quick Detailer (16 oz) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UPZXQM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.7M.Cb2NPAHJM

Yesterday I was out of the vo7 so I went to autozone and looked and what they had and did some googling and ended up with Mother’s cmx. It’s more expensive and the process is more time consuming but this stuff is pretty legit. It’s a ceramic spray coating the shine and feel was amazing they advertise that you can stack coats I’m going to put another coat on tonight and see how it lasts. So far I’m very impressed with the shine and feel.

Mothers 01024 CMX Ceramic Spray Coating https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K46RD7Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8-M.CbX6V0QZH

For tire shine I use meguiars hot shine I have had bad luck with the pump spray bottles going bad half way through a bottle so I get the aerosol version.

Meguiar's G13815 Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Coating - 15 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AMXQDG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ikN.Cb7BJGGWS

What do you guys use? I’ve always been a real wax on wax off guy but with life being so busy I can’t find 2-3 hours to myself to do it. Until life slows down or I can afford to pay someone the 2-3k to do a legit paint correction and ceramic coating I’ll stick with the spray wax.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Its been so long since I had a car I really cared about the paint on, I haven't done more than just turtle wax brand stuff with less than inspiring results. I need to get a good coat of wax on the wife's GS 350, but itll be July before I want to take the time to wash and wax it the right way.

Following for ideas!

Agility Customs

Vendor
I have been using the adams polishes stuff for the last few years and have been super impressed I used there whole paint correction setup on my megacab and did the ceramic coating and it has been amazing. Easy to do yourself and definately not worth paying someone 2500 bucks for. I even did my entire boat and wiping it down after pulling it off the lake takes half as much time and clean up is a breeze, No more hard water spots or streaking.

Agility Customs

Vendor
Its been so long since I had a car I really cared about the paint on, I haven't done more than just turtle wax brand stuff with less than inspiring results. I need to get a good coat of wax on the wife's GS 350, but itll be July before I want to take the time to wash and wax it the right way.

Following for ideas!

Adams has a paint sealant that lasts way longer and is easier to apply than a normal wax. Its really the only way to go on a daily driver vehicle. Its what I use on my wifes DD

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
I like Gyeon Wet Coat.
The stuff sounds like a gimmick...spray it on and immediately rinse it off with a pressure washer, no dwell time.

It gives good beading, gloss and the bugs from Legacy release with a gentle hose end spray.

I've been a Mothers user for years but I'm totally sold on the Gyeon.