• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Sprinklers

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone on here repair sprinklers? I have a drip line that is running constantly. I'm having to manually turn the water on and off at the backflow preventer every time I water. I've tried a half dozen sprinkler companies and the soonest they can get me in is the mid to end of July. From Google I think it is a solenoid or valve that needs replaced.

Thanks for looking!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This is an easy DIY fix. All the internals to the valve are replaceable. The only real reason to replace an entire valve is if you cannot get a part or the body has a problem. Unscrew the top part and check the diaphragm. It could have a small tear or just dirt. If all looks good them you could replace the solenoid.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
As He said ^ But turn the water off first or you will be in for a surprise.
I clean multiple of mine every year for the same reason. Secondary water is hard on my valves.

Also, you can sometimes just tap on the valve with a hammer and it will shut off.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So per your suggestion I looked at the diaphragm and it looked clean so I went to Home Depot and bought a solenoid and changed it out. It takes a couple of hours for the leak to fill up the garden and leak into the street which is how I found out it was leaking in the first place. I'll give it a couple of hours and hope it worked.

Thanks for the suggestions and the video. It was easier than I thought.