St George area things to do?

Houndoc

I will be joining my wife in St George in April while she attends a conference. That gives me some open days to explore and keep myself busy.

Looking for suggestions- open to both more exploring type on easier roads and harder trails (especially if someone who knows them is available to join me).

Don't know all details yet on what schedule will be, but conference runs April 24-26.

smfulle

Go over to Sand Hollow. There is every level of trail there with most obstacles bypass-able. Also you can just rip around in the sand if you don't want to chance the rocks by yourself.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Check out the yellow man pictograph in Apple Valley, then drive the scenic byway down into Grafton ghost town (as long as it hasn't been raining). Neat area, it's amazing how many locals have never been that way

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Another less common scenic byway is through Joshua tree national Forest. Just a mild dirt road, bit it's really pretty. I really like Joshua trees though, so don't hold it against me if you don't like it :D I like to drive out to gunlock, then through Joshua tree, then up the gorge

Houndoc

Another less common scenic byway is through Joshua tree national Forest. Just a mild dirt road, bit it's really pretty. I really like Joshua trees though, so don't hold it against me if you don't like it :D I like to drive out to gunlock, then through Joshua tree, then up the gorge
That is an area I have been curious about and am not very familiar with.