St George & Cedar City Feb 14-15th

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Before we started wheelin, we stopped by 'On Track 4x4' to check out Dean Bullochs new UROC Sammi/Buggy. Unfourtunatley, he wasn't there yet, so we just peeked thru the windows & drooled all over.

After that Chris & I met up with Craig Stumph for some practice out at the SuperCrawl site. They setup a couple of the actual courses with cones & all and and tried to make it thru the gates with 0 points.

Untitled-11.jpgUntitled-12.jpgUntitled-3.jpgUntitled-10.jpgUntitled-6.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
Later that day, we headed out to an OHV Park outside of Hurricane called Sand Hollow. This place is NEAT!!! I gotta get back there with my own ride!

Untitled-18.jpgUntitled-20.jpgUntitled-21.jpgUntitled-22.jpgUntitled-27.jpgUntitled-32.jpgUntitled-33.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
Later in the day both Chris & Ben got into a little trouble. Chris started it with heading up a wash that looked like it dead-ended. It was vehicle wide, then narrowed to about 2.5 feet wide & went up around 8 feet. It looked unclimbable, but as Chris got the Bronco squared up, the tires hooked up and he went right up!! It didn't even slip a tire! The angle of the wall seemed to put just enough pressure on the tires to force them to climb... it was neat. Neither of us expected the rig to climb the ledge, I would have got a picture of it but I was riding. Once he was up that, he had to straddle the crack & had a rear tire slip in. That's when the trouble started.... :ugh:

Untitled-40.jpgUntitled-42.jpgUntitled-39.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
Eventually the Bronco was winched in a better position, but one of the front tires was still binding enough that it couldn't be driven out. Ben had to drive around to the other side & winch the opposite way. On the way there, Ben had to cross the same wash and ran into a little problem... a broken coilover!

Luckily he had a spare, (2 spares, to be exact! :eek: ) We swapped that out and proceded to winch Chris out.

Tired & cold, we headed for our hotel, only to findout we didn't have a room! Damned Motel 6 in Cedar City!! :mad2: We ended up staying the night with Dean Bulloch (Thanks Dean!!) and learned more about his new Legends Sammi... can you say, Bad Ass!!
Untitled-49.jpgUntitled-50.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
The next day we met up with Ben & a bunch of his friends for some Cedar City wheelin. We ran Wild West & Skull Canyon, West of CC. I don't think I've ever seen so much use of the Skinny Pedal! Matter of fact, I'm surprised all made it out w/o any breakage! The snow made the trails that much more difficult

.Untitled-51.jpgUntitled-54.jpgUntitled-55.jpgUntitled-59.jpgUntitled-62.jpgUntitled-67.jpgUntitled-72.jpg

Last edited:

Caleb

that looks so sweet, sounds way cool too...my uncle lives in Laverkin (only a few minutes from the reservoir) and my grandparents live in Huricane...I think I am going to go visit them a little more often now that I know thats there:cool:

oh, and my uncle is into jeeps too so I think he will be happy to find out theres good playing grounds nearby:D

Greg

Admin
Coreshot said:
Looks like fun Greg. Was there that many people in Cedar that the hotels were full? :ugh:

Yeah, there was some kind of huge Softball or Baseball thing in St George. Every hotel within 100 miles of St George was booked!

Caleb

Greg said:
Yeah, there was some kind of huge Softball or Baseball thing in St George. Every hotel within 100 miles of St George was booked!

:rofl: every year over presidents weekend there is a baseball tournament in St. George, AND a HUGE training camp in Mesquite...and sometimes a womens softball tourny though the college (Dixie)...this is the first year in about 5 or 6 years I didn't go down for it (my bro-in-law plays every year)

Parker

That OHV park looks like fun... when is the next trip planned so you can show me how to get there.

Mr. Holley's Bronco looks killer... I love that rig. :D What's the scoop on your rig?

Greg

Admin
Parker said:
That OHV park looks like fun... when is the next trip planned so you can show me how to get there.

Mr. Holley's Bronco looks killer... I love that rig. :D What's the scoop on your rig?

Next Trip? I dunno... when do you want to go? ;)

Mine is down for a bunch of stuff... basically, I'm changing everthing. :D