St. George-UROC...Update

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by Andy
See Brent I didn`t pose for that picture!!!
no but your wheels are still on the ground, here is where you earned your new name Hollywood
DCP15734.JPG

Nixter

on the road again...
Cool photo. You can see me at the bottom of that hill between the cones. I'll post mine here when I get them off my vid cam.

Parker

Originally posted by supergper

This first one is Parker on obstacle #10...I think he was the first to make it up without being winched...standing around watching him beat his rig was awesome...some guys I was standing next to just kept saying "I don't know how hes not breaking anything"

I think I broke everything possible on # 12. She was just saving up parts to be broken... 1350 yoke off the Atlas, front hub, stearing box output shaft sheered right off. It took about an hour just to get off the obstacle. :D I was up until about 3:00 AM that night putting her all back together only to break an axle the next day on obstacle 1.

Thanks for the pics... nice shots.

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by Parker

I think I broke everything possible on # 12. She was just saving up parts to be broken... 1350 yoke off the Atlas, front hub, stearing box output shaft sheered right off. It took about an hour just to get off the obstacle. :D I was up until about 3:00 AM that night putting her all back together only to break an axle the next day on obstacle 1.

sounds like our story, but we had new shafts going into #1 WTF

Ryan

Originally posted by Parker

What axle? Front?

Are you pretty comfortable rompin' on it with the 39.5's and 60's?

I just picked up a few sponsors and I'm tryin' to figure out what to do. Half an hour ago I had $0, and now it appears as though I might have a little(at least a little more than $0).

Parker

I broke a rear axle... atleast this time it didn't take out the detroit with it.

I was full throttle ALL weekend long in 3rd and 4th gear at times. :eek: I feel like she held together pretty well. I just need to throw in some new alloy shafts in the rear 60 and she'll be almost bomb proof. :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Ryan

I just picked up a few sponsors and I'm tryin' to figure out what to do. Half an hour ago I had $0, and now it appears as though I might have a little(at least a little more than $0).

Ryan! Who, may I ask, did you get to sponsor you? Thats too cool! So your looking for bigger tires, and now what else?

Ryan

Good. That's what I wanted to hear.

I'm tryin' to decide which way to go here. I can compete in the Legend class as my vehicle sits right now, or probably even with some 38x12.5 TSL's--OR--slap on the big meats and go Unlimited.

I know it's not actually like this, but it seems like it's either go Legend and be competetive, or go Unlimited and, well, not be so competetive. Well, okay, maybe it is actually like that, LOL.

Are you just runnin a FF 60 rear with the 30 spline shafts Parker?
If so, have you checked prices on 35 spline alloys for it? I guess you'd have the shafts, and then either some machine work to bore out the spindles, or just replace the ends. I looked into this once, but it was a year or 2 ago. Kinda foggy now.

Ryan

Originally posted by Greg

Ryan! Who, may I ask, did you get to sponsor you? Thats too cool! So your looking for bigger tires, and now what else?

Oops. I replied before I saw your post.

My Dad and a few of his friends were in St. George for Valentines Day, so I gave them directions to the UROC event and they went. They ended up spending all day there, and now my Dad and one his friends want to get me goin'. BTW, has anybody been sponsored by a Heating company or a Plumbing company yet?:p

Depending on what they want to do I'd like to get some 60's. No point in going much bigger with the tires if I don't have the axles to support 'em.

I was planning on competing in Cedar City anyway, but this will make it easier and hopefully a lot more fun(read: 60's).

Caleb

Originally posted by Ryan
If so, have you checked prices on 35 spline alloys for it? I guess you'd have the shafts, and then either some machine work to bore out the spindles, or just replace the ends. I looked into this once, but it was a year or 2 ago. Kinda foggy now.

He may or may not have to bore the spindles out for 35 spline sopme came factory with 1.6" ID spindles...however I am having my bro-in-law bore my spindles out...he has access to a lethe large enough that he wont have to cut the spindle off...if its not too much work then I think I could talk him into doing a few more for pretty cheap...another option around Salt Lake is theres one guy who cuts off the spindles and bores them out and then welds them back on...also you can get the tool that makes it so you don't have to cut the spindles off...but it cost $300-$350 and is a PITA to use(I heard it from someone who just got done using it)

Nixter

on the road again...
That's way cool! You know any sponsorship money is better than no sponsorship money. Unless it's Little Ceaser and they make you dress up in that 'little ceaser dude gear' while your competing. :p :p :p

Ryan

Originally posted by Nixter
That's way cool! You know any sponsorship money is better than no sponsorship money. Unless it's Little Ceaser and they make you dress up in that 'little ceaser dude gear' while your competing. :p :p :p

LOL, that's about the funniest thing I've heard all day.
Maybe I'll only have to have my ass crack hangin' out the whole time. I could handle that.

Supergper, thanks for the heads up about the spindle work. If I end up going that route I'll let you know.

Big Rich

Ok all you Utah boys, come awn and play with us in Cali, we went and played in your yard, nows the time to repay the loan......

Of course, if your worried...........Roggy will be set'n the course and the rocks are much smaller:p ;) :D

Rich

remember we have 3 classes, should'nt everyone........................................................................................

Caleb

Originally posted by Big Rich
Ok all you Utah boys, come awn and play with us in Cali, we went and played in your yard, nows the time to repay the loan......

Of course, if your worried...........Roggy will be set'n the course and the rocks are much smaller:p ;) :D

Rich

remember we have 3 classes, should'nt everyone........................................................................................

I'll be there next year...my Jeep is in pieces and no money to finish it in time:(

Brent

another nobody
here are the results:
Legend Class Contestants Finish Rig Number Total Event Points Total Series Points Tire
Dean Bulloch 1 9 218 250 BFG
Jeff Rector 2 82 220 240 Interco
Tyler Wolford 3 60 241 230 BFG
Mark Drummond 4 43 272 220
Anthony Zimmerschied 5 45 300 210
Trent DeCrow 6 41 323 200
Wade Widdison 7 69 363 190
Troy Muse 8 81 370 180
Rick Beard 9 78 385 170
Creighton King 10 20 409 160
DeVon Parson 11 75 417 150
Von Werrett 12 25 429 140
Daniel Jaquier 13 80 452 130
Jeremy Wyman 14 44 480 120
Sean Winn 15 63 488 110
Marty George 16 32 525 100
Bryan Teague 17 31 527 90
Steve Crabtree 18 36 558 80
Jacent Pillow 19 88 580 70
Kevin Bullard 19 68 580 70

Unlimited Class Contestants Finish Rig Number Total Event Points Total Series Points Tire
Curt Hildebrand 1 26 39 350 BFG
Chris Durham 2 1 97 340 Goodyear
Neil Lillard 3 57 102 330 Goodyear
Tom LeBlanc 4 24 111 320
Joel Randall 5 4 129 310
Al Birkoff 6 143 150 300
Bob Roggy 7 62 157 290
Mike Bailey 8 36 159 280
Jeff Baucom 9 49 169 270
RJ Brown 9 55 169 260
Jennifer Little 10 64 170 250
Dan Brown 11 140 172 240
Curtis McNeil 12 142 173 230
Brandon Dawson 13 10 187 220
Chris Monk 14 231 191 210
Lee Mattingly 15 145 200 200
Dan Sheeran 16 66 221 190
Scott Gadsden 17 91 227 180
Jake Hallenbeck 18 90 255 170
Dallas Lattrell 19 71 294 160
Brent Wachter 20 70 300 150
Nate Christensen 21 13 306 140
Braden Kemp 22 50 334 130
Louis Simshauser 23 7 347 120
Patti Dick 24 84 364 110
Andrew Holm 25 23 376 100
Nate Williams 26 72 407 90
Parker Garrett 27 42 441 80
Tom Hoy 28 59 460 70
Sean Winn 29 63 488 60

the boys in red are with factory tubular

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by Big Rich

Rich

Rich,
I was checkin out your class breakdown, the cherokee isn't consitered a stock modified :( because of the wheelbase, but other than that, do I have to have the stock axles? and complete roof? we have a rolled one, we're trying to decide how to build the thing.

Big Rich

For the modified stock class the body must remain full, you can remove windows and doors, tailgate, and some small triming of fender wells. axles don't matter as long as the suspension is in the same configuration as stock, ie. coil/coil, coil/leaf, leaf/leaf, ifs/ifs, etc. no coil over conversions. Wheel base is an issue plus 2.5 inches is all that is allowed from OEM.

Get a rental in one of the classes and come GET IT

If you can't complete, come on down for the show and if you want to volunteer while your here, e-mail me or call, and I might be able to get you in free.

Rich Klein

530-622-0370
530-306-5343
bigrich@d-web.com