St. George-UROC...Update

Big Rich

To be honest I can rate the tires. I've not driven on all of them myself, and I believe that the compounds on the MTR's anb the BFG's is different for the competition tires.
Rich

Ryan

So, what 37" BFG's was he running? Did he get them through the competitor pricing deal? I got my package from BFG in the mail a while ago, but I didn't look through it real close. The only 37 I could see that they had was the Baja. Maybe I'll have to give them a call.

Ryan

Okay, I got to thinkin'--maybe it wasn't the Baja's. I can't remember which tire it was, but it didn't look as aggresive as the tires look in the pic on page one.

Ryan

Not to break a promise or anything, but the tire I couldn't get out of my head that was screwin' me all up was the Goodyear GS-A. It just came to me in a flash of revelation. Okay, this time I REALLY promise.:mad:

Ryan

Okay, not only am I probably the first bucket-ass on this board to reply to himself 4 times, but I also had no idea that BFG has a 37" MT now. Somebody slap me.:rolleyes:

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Originally posted by supergper
This first one is Parker on obstacle #10...I think he was the first to make it up without being winched...standing around watching him beat his rig was awesome...some guys I was standing next to just kept saying "I don't know how hes not breaking anything"

Yeah - that photo you took was of Parker on #10. That's the obstacle I judged. He did a damn good job of getting up that thing with all the bounce he was getting out of those 38's.

Hey Park - how's that NASTY driveline angle treating ya?:confused: Didn't look like it was giving you any problems out there.
Scott

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Originally posted by Floppy Hat

This guy's name is Scott, I don't remember his last name, but he is from Florida. He won the Legends Class. It is a sweet rig with Mog axles. I don't know why a rig with 37" MTRs and rear steering was allowed to compete in the Legends Class, but he made it in somehow. I was pretty disappointed.

His score card was mismarked to the Legend class instead of the Unlimited class. Not only was he on 37" rubber but he had a tube chassis and was running Mog portal axles. VERY nice rig.

They realised after they made the announcement that he should have been in the Unlimited class. They moved all the Legend class competitors up on place (to remove Scott from the ranking). I don't know if he kept the prizes or not but I do know that UROC changed the standings because of the mistake.
Scott

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Originally posted by Brent

no but your wheels are still on the ground, here is where you earned your new name Hollywood
DCP15734.JPG

Gotta love that big air shot! That's #10 again! I had a great time judging that one.
Scott

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Originally posted by supergper
<SNIP>...also you can get the tool that makes it so you don't have to cut the spindles off...but it cost $300-$350 and is a PITA to use(I heard it from someone who just got done using it)

I know who you are talking about. his problem was that the drill bits he got at first were cheap crap. Once he spent the $$ (Like $85 or so) on a good bit he finished easily and was a happy camper. I'm seriously thingking of doing this to the rear 60 I just bought. I'll probably just run the 30 spline rear for now and when I've got some more $$ I'll uprade to the 35 spline alloy shafts. I'll see if I can't talk him into reaming out my spindles too.
Scott

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Originally posted by Ryan
So, what 37" BFG's was he running? Did he get them through the competitor pricing deal? I got my package from BFG in the mail a while ago, but I didn't look through it real close. The only 37 I could see that they had was the Baja. Maybe I'll have to give them a call.

NOPE - They've got the new MT-KM in 37x17. Cool tire and I'm stoked that I got a set. Now I've got to get a set of 17" 8 lug rims for my 60's!
Scott

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Originally posted by Big Rich
Ok all you Utah boys, come awn and play with us in Cali, we went and played in your yard, nows the time to repay the loan......

Of course, if your worried...........Roggy will be set'n the course and the rocks are much smaller:p ;) :D

Rich

remember we have 3 classes, should'nt everyone........................................................................................

Rick - It was good to meet ya. I've got your card and I'm seriously trying to get my schedule worked so that I can go out and judge for ya. I'm the guy who was judging #10 and was wearing the floppy had with the dive flag on it.
Scott

Ryan

Originally posted by goin4xn

NOPE - They've got the new MT-KM in 37x17. Cool tire and I'm stoked that I got a set. Now I've got to get a set of 17" 8 lug rims for my 60's!
Scott

Yeah, I went home after I posted that and actually looked at an ad in a magazine(imagine that), and, voila, there they were. I haven't really been following BFG too close:p

17" rims=$$$$
17" beadlocks=$$$$$$$$:(

goin4xn

Jeepaholic

Yeah, I went home after I posted that and actually looked at an ad in a magazine(imagine that), and, voila, there they were. I haven't really been following BFG too close:p

LOL! Yeah - They're cool but I think that BFG is on the right track. At UROC the BFG Guys were walking around taking notes on the different rigs and what tires they ran. Rumore I've been hearing is that they *MAY* be offering the new tire (not the KM) in a "Blank" pattern so that hard core guys can just buy the tire and groove out the tread pattern they want to have. Good idea IMO. Don't know about any warranty (tho I'd guess it's a buy and groove and hope you don't have any problems type of deal).

17" rims=$$$$
17" beadlocks=$$$$$$$$:(

Yeah - I'm exploring the "options" (basically the lack of options). I've found a place that will do steel rims for around $100 a pop. then I can just do the Rockstomper "do it yourself" beadlocks at $75 a pop. With getting a good welder (since I can't weld worth squat) I'll be in the $200/rim pricerange. So with that I'm looking around to see what else is available.

Factory Tubular and Wildcat Offroad recently merged and they have some 17" beadlocked wheels. I'll be going over there on Friday afternoon to see what they look like and to price them out.
Scott

Big Rich

Scott do you need to get rid of those tires, I might know someone to take thwm off your hands if the price is right, or maybe a trade for some 35x15 or 35x16's

See ya in a couple of weeks, Right?

Rich

Ryan

Factory Tubular and Wildcat Offroad recently merged and they have some 17" beadlocked wheels. I'll be going over there on Friday afternoon to see what they look like and to price them out.
Scott

Post some info on those if you think about it.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser

His score card was mismarked to the Legend class instead of the Unlimited class. Not only was he on 37" rubber but he had a tube chassis and was running Mog portal axles. VERY nice rig.

They realised after they made the announcement that he should have been in the Unlimited class. They moved all the Legend class competitors up on place (to remove Scott from the ranking). I don't know if he kept the prizes or not but I do know that UROC changed the standings because of the mistake.
Scott

The rig also had rear steering. The mistake was actually made when the rig was teched. I know who teched the rig and Craig was not happy about him not recognizing a Legends rig from an Unlimited rig, the guy definitely should have known better. Everything has been sorted out, Scott gladly gave up the prize money and trophy to Dean Bulloch. Dean also got $500 more from BFG for a total of $1500 in BFG money.

Scott's rig is extremely nice, hopefully he'll get better with it as he gets more experience. He ended up finishing behind that red primered part XJ thing. :D