Stag’s street/trail XJ

xj_nate

Doctor, economist, polical expert, poser
So my Jeep definitely rubs in that spot, even without the extra box added. But my wheelbase is stretched more than yours in the front so you'll probably be ok.

STAG

Beach bummin
It may, under a full stuff, but I think I may have the elevation situation to where it won’t. I’m not 100% sure, but not too worried about it either. This Jeep wasn’t really ever intended to see a hard wheeling adventure. I don’t think I’ll see full-stuff situations often. Definitely nothing like competition wheeling.

I know the tire rubbed on the lower corner of the unibody “frame” rail at full turn, but I’m also rubbing on the control arms. For the short term I will likely just adjust the steering stops to eliminate both of those.

Gotta stay narrow to keep the tires under fender flares per Hawaii DOT law. I don’t know how stiff they will be on that law but I may as well be within the parameters of the law at least for the safety inspection. After that, it will be a day-by-day situation to see what laws they enforce and what they don’t.

As far as Hawaii laws go, technically my front bumper design is too tall from the ground to meet safety inspection, so I have a “temporary” bumper that is going on for the first inspection.

STAG

Beach bummin
I am an idiot. I didn’t even think to test fit the tie rod until I had already welded in the threaded bungs. Then after I did I was like shoot, I hope it doesn’t need to have bends in it for clearance, like the CavFab tie rod. Well, it does. A straight track bar absolutely wouldn’t work without a ton of other fab work (moving coil spring perches back etc)

So, 2 bends in my freshly powdercoated tie rod 😂 oh well. It clears now, lock to lock.

3BEC7313-62C7-4635-B3D8-E8EBF6121C5D.jpeg

Last edited:

STAG

Beach bummin
I had a door hinge bent out a bit on the drivers side, causing the top of my door to not get a good seal, even with the hinge adjusted all the way in. Smacked it in with a hammer a few times and then TIG-brazed on a support with silicon bronze.
A8AD33AE-045F-42D0-9C37-2766E8931104.jpeg

83E37086-B25B-4380-B266-BF58D46D8F75.jpeg
32EADD00-7360-4D85-B8A6-EAA5C52822DE.jpeg
7B09B774-1C89-460E-A8F3-0E7FC1AF4E03.jpeg
2EC47B11-39E5-4B0C-A4E9-067D2F6B3006.jpeg
A6AC1F82-7E94-4DEA-AE81-42FCE51AAFB9.jpeg

I’ve got 9 days til they come and pick this thing up. Still got a bit to do! 😅