startin the build my 1999 4-runner !!

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
please save your self the headache and not run the revolver shackles let alone with a 4 in block.

i had them on my cherokee because i also thought they were sweet till i broke two rear drive lines and my rear pinnion in my dana 44 in half from axle wrap caused by the revolvers. and blocks will make it even worse.

there is a tacoma build going on here on rme that is a good build he is using i think 3in front springs and the thing fits 37 just fine and is pretty big for 35s.

just remember we have frame height laws here and if you look huge you will get nailed.

90 cherokee

well the rear is rolling now it gets 27 iches of flex from ground to bottom of tire it looks like im bearly gonna clear 35s. thats without the blocks so im gonna wait tell i get the front together to see if the front will be higher.

yota boy

no fear yota boy is here
so you should tell everyone about your plans with the steering and see what suggestions people have

yota boy

no fear yota boy is here
o ya this is my supposedly 6inch allpro lift on my 4runner that u guys were talkin about earlier
<-------------- o and those are only 32s money is tight right now.

90 cherokee

here are a couple pics sorry for the dark ones stock
1a4-skinnerstock.jpg
1a4-skinner.jpg
1a4-skinner2.jpg
1a4-skinner3.jpg

90 cherokee

pics of the front .... i still need to put 3 inch blocks in the rear... and i just put temp mounts on the rear of the front leafs (had to wait for the fenched shackles to get here)...
1afrontdone.jpg
1afrontdone2.jpg
1afrontdone4.jpg

90 cherokee

the rear wont clear 36's now so i need to leval it out pluss the front springs arent in the permenant spot and they are brand new so they will settle

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
i want to see how they do before i go solid shackles i hear half bad half good so well see

Been there, done that... I can appreciate someone that has to learn for himself, but I think you will take them off soon enough.

I had a home-made set on my Toyota pickup and they essentially crippled my truck on steep climbs due to creating too much wheel hop and then unloaded on steep drops, making them much more hairy than they needed to be. Having a suspension that unloads and isn't predictable isn't a good thing. Wheeling on flat ground, you will like them. But add and steep climbs and drops and you'll figure out what I'm talking about. Predictable suspensions are good offroad, big ramp flex is for street posers. Good luck with them!

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Been there, done that... I can appreciate someone that has to learn for himself, but I think you will take them off soon enough.

I had a home-made set on my Toyota pickup and they essentially crippled my truck on steep climbs due to creating too much wheel hop and then unloaded on steep drops, making them much more hairy than they needed to be. Having a suspension that unloads and isn't predictable isn't a good thing. Wheeling on flat ground, you will like them. But add and steep climbs and drops and you'll figure out what I'm talking about. Predictable suspensions are good offroad, big ramp flex is for street posers. Good luck with them!
2X
there grate for RTI comps. but i wouldn't run them on a trail. its like night and day going from them to soild shackel's and is alolt safer.

but im just like allot of people, need to learn from expearince...

:shawn:

:rofl:

but i love that rig!