Stolen 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee - Green - Mild Build - Murray, UT - 9/2/2012

ret32

A good buddy of mine had a Jeep stolen from his dealership.

Where: Stolen from Daily Driver Automotive 4659 South State Street, Murray, UT 84107 http://utahdailydriver.com/

When: It was there at 5pm Sat 9/1/12. It wasn't there 11am Mon 9/3/12

What: 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee, green, mild build, 4" Rusty's lift, 33/12.50/15 BFG KM2s (old style), well outfitted with Iceland Offroad "Go Berserk" stuff (fender flares and front non-winch bumper, all painted to match), see pictures below.

If anybody sees it or sees parts start showing up somewhere, contact Craig at Daily Driver Automotive 801-268-0375.

I know very little about the vehicle, I've only seen it once and did a less than 5 minute walk around and looksee, so for more information or questions please contact Craig. Craig doesn't frequent RME very often, but (not that it should matter as far as helping hunt down his vehicle or parts) he has been very supportive of U4WDA, his dealership helped sponsor the NPLD postcards that went out a couple weeks ago and he has unwittingly taken on the new membership director position for U4WDA (the the most thankless volunteer position in the organization I believe)

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

025.JPG

025_1.JPG

026.JPG

027.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

030.JPG

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Has the dealership kept a log of everyone who has test driven it? Chances are that someone made a spare key while on a test drive and came back to drive it away. That ZJ doesn't appear to have a factory anti-theft system so it would have made it even easier.

ret32

Has the dealership kept a log of everyone who has test driven it? Chances are that someone made a spare key while on a test drive and came back to drive it away. That ZJ doesn't appear to have a factory anti-theft system so it would have made it even easier.
Yes, Craig has a few suspicions and is looking into them accordingly.

STAG

On my grind
Just throwing out there again I'm not claiming I saw the stolen jeep for sure, possibly just a similar one. But I am in springville almost every day I will keep my eyes peeled for the one I saw to confirm or deny.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
There actually is an identical green one around with the same bumper and flares but has a tan interior, so don't run up on someone if it has the tan interior, even though it is a complete turd.