Stolen 2007 Lexus LX470 :(

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Glad you got it back, to bad it wasn't occupied. Not that a DA in this county ever prosecutes vehicle thieves anyway. Good to hear most of your gear was still in it.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Can anyone here recommend a place downtown for an interior detail? I'd like to get it in ASAP and have never paid for a detail before.

Thanks.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I don't have the name any more.. but there was a place about 2100 S 1300 e, also had in door rev and boat storage. Did a good job on a car I had.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
How realistic would it be to get all the smoke smell out in one detail? Thats what I'm mostly wanting to get gone and am willing to pay for. I can wipe the seats off and get rid of the "sticky" but the smell is a harder feat in my mind. Granted, most people that are trying to get rid of the smell likely bought a used car from a smoker where my was only driven by one for 3 days.

I think I remember reading that one of the WC guys had their 100 detailed at Wasatch Auto Body so I may try to catch them first thing tomorrow morning. I'm probably okay paying up to a couple hundred bucks for the work but I don't know what that means in work hours and effort.

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Don't use platinum car wash, they are unaware of what the detail in detail means...... $190 and I'm not sure why it was more than $10

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Looks like Prestige is going to be able to do it tomorrow, the guy said it would be about $120 for the detail and another $25 for the odor bomb which didn't seem too bad. Wasatch Auto Body was going to be $180 minimum.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I can't really say much about it at this point but I got my pelican box and everything that was in it when my LX was stolen back late last night. This takes my missing property value from about $650 down to about $150 and I ultimately I got what I really wanted back. I'm still missing a cheap netbook, (that I had toyota diagnostic techstream software on, nothing else,) my blue tooth headphones, (replacements came yesterday) a black diamond moji lantern, and the key.

XPxke8ql.jpg

I got my rig detailed at Prestige Auto Detailing on Tuesday. For an interior detail and odor bomb it cost $145 which I thought was alright, another place quoted me $180 for essentially the same service but wouldn't have been able to get me in for a while longer. My insurance claim is going to cover the detail and to have my rig re-keyed (which will cost 2k alone) so I'm in pretty decent shape.

Can I just say how much I love stupid criminals? Thanks for leaving documents in my rig that lead police to your identification, location, and the place you were storing my tools.

Last edited: