Stolen 2007 Lexus LX470 :(

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I walked out the front door this morning at 0500 to go to work and my LX was gone. :( I was getting some things ready to go on a scout camp tonight and I guess I didn't lock it since there wasn't any broken glass on the driveway. They must have found my spare key and decided to do some night wheeling.

Its listed stolen out of WVC PD.

lHQkdrh.jpg

7MY11iY.jpg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Yeah I'm expecting to have my pelican case with my trail tools gone and probably my ham radio face plate because they don't know what it is but we'll see. I'm just bummed that it happened and now I'm waiting for my wife to be ready to go so I can go borrow a car from my parents when we drop off my son.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
That sucks. I'll keep an eye open. I always forget to lock my doors on my cars. I guess I don't care so much about the old rusted out mercedes, but i'd be pissed if they took my truck. The rest of the cars are in the garage.

rholbrook

I am lucky my oldest son checks all the car doors before he goes to bed. He's OCD like that and it has saved me several times with keys left in the cars. I hope they either find it in good shape or totaled as long as the insurance is good enough on it.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
The trip got canceled because of this. I had multiple offers to borrow rigs but its a little more complicated and I didn't feel like I could leave town with the possibility of it being recovered and miss that call.

Basically when a vehicle is stolen and recovered the PD calls the owner to notify them of the recovery. If the owner doesn't answer or isn't able to respond the PD has to do what is called a State Tax impound. This is the same type of impound you get when your car is towed for not having insurance or in a DUI. To get it out you have to go to the DMV and get some paperwork (and pay $$$) then go to the tow yard and pay the tow fee plus any storage fees. It ends up being a huge chunk of money and time cost which sucks because you as the victim have to pay it. Anyway, I didn't want to risk it so we killed the trip and the couple boys and the one other leader totally understood and seemed okay with the decision.

Now that I'm home from work I talked to another neighbor that had their car stolen at the beginning of the summer. It was recovered very fast (12-18 hours after stolen) but everything that wasn't welded on was missing. Stereo, floor mats, spare tire, tire jack... They also think it wasn't dumped but was just in a place that someone else was going to pick it up to strip it. Obviously that didn't make me feel good and now my stomach hurts. I drove around a little already looking for it but am going to head out again later tonight.

This just sucks. If I can make one suggestion to you guys its simply to avoid having your vehicles stolen. Seems pretty simple right?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
RECOVERED!!!

My buddy James from Wasatch Cruisers spotted it and called it in.

Its in pretty good shape. They stripped my stickers and left a mess inside (bags of clothes, yoohoo cartons and wrappers all over) but nothing that can't be detailed out with some time and effort. My pelican box with all my tools are gone but I expected as much. My ham and cb are both there as are my antennas. I'm going to drop it off on Monday for a super detail somewhere because I don't want to deal with it.

Now for the good. Whomever was using it left some identifying documents in it and some nice fingerprints. I have several friends who work for WVCPD from the police academy, Murray PD, and my current job. One works on a squad that spends their time looking for stolen vehicles and whatnot. He was on scene and I'm sure will get me updates on the suspect and whats happening on that front. Apparently there is a dope house near where the James found my LX so some work will continue on that front. They have a name and address from someone that was in the car so that makes me very happy.

4EARQkhl.jpg

DAA

That is GREAT! On multiple levels. Besides loving that you got your LX back, I love that a friend spotted it and made the call. I love that the dooshbag left solid evidence. And I love that friends are going to try and nail them.

That's almost like justice or something :D.

- DAA