Stolen Canon 5D, A1 and lenses

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
So I was getting the Jeep packed to head to Moab on Thursday, I took my bag with my clothes and my camera bag out to the Jeep and went back inside for 20 minutes at most before leaving. While I was inside for that 15-20 minutes, someone got in my Jeep and stole my camera bag. They didn't take anything else, which is good I guess, I had my tools and what not right there too. The bag (which is a blue Lowepro, about 16'' x 10'' give or take) contained:

-Canon 5D (purchased new in '06)
-Sigma 28-90 lens
-Sigma 70-300 lens (the sun shade has a white scrape on it where I bumped a door jam)

-Canon A1 (1973 ish)
-Canon 25mm wide angle lens
-Canon 80mm telephoto lens
-a few other misc odds and ends (film, lens cloth, 2G memory card, flash, etc)

I have the serial numbers on the 5D and its lenses, so if they get taken to a pawn shop, it will come up as stolen, but if anybody happens to stumble upon one on KSL or something I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Stefen

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Wow, that really sucks Stefen. Hope you get some kind of recourse, will your car insurance cover the theft?

I'll try keep my eyes out over here.

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
Also, just thought of this: the A1 has kind an old cloth strap that has kind of a checkered pattern on it. I'm terrible at descriptions, I know, but what can you do. Also, the A1 has a motor drive on it.

...man this sucks not having a camera :(

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
So guess what!? I got a call from an agent of the United States Postal Inspection Service last week, they found one of my cameras! Just got it back this afternoon! Woot :)
I guess they were acting on a search warrant they had for a suspect in another case and end up finding it in his house. So yeah, I'm pretty excited....pretty pissed that I didn't get anything else, but happy that I at least got the most expensive part back, lol.
I got the 5D, memory card, and 85mm telephoto back, but thats about it. I still didn't get the lenses for the 5D, the A-1, and bag back...but its a start :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So guess what!? I got a call from an agent of the United States Postal Inspection Service last week, they found one of my cameras! Just got it back this afternoon! Woot :)
I guess they were acting on a search warrant they had for a suspect in another case and end up finding it in his house. So yeah, I'm pretty excited....pretty pissed that I didn't get anything else, but happy that I at least got the most expensive part back, lol.
I got the 5D, memory card, and 85mm telephoto back, but thats about it. I still didn't get the lenses for the 5D, the A-1, and bag back...but its a start :D

Better than a kick in the ass. Good deal

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
Better than a kick in the ass. Good deal
precisely :greg:

Wow that's crazy. I wonder if you can get any more info on the rest of your gear from the scum bag.

At this point, I'm not really sure. They said that the guy that had them is being cooperative and they'll ask him about the rest of it, but that he's not the one that stole the stuff, he just bought it from the guy who did. So who knows...

I did find it somewhat amusing that they left the memory card in the camera and left all the pictures on it, lol.