Stolen flatbed trailer.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Yes, crazy. I'm really glad though. I was SO MAD.

I do need a new license plate, since he ripped mine off. And a new hitch lock. BUT, he's in jail, and his truck is impounded. :D

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
How close to your house was it found? Guessing it was Cody that spotted it? Super happy that you got it back so fast.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
How close to your house was it found? Guessing it was Cody that spotted it? Super happy that you got it back so fast.

Pretty close... just S of 3500 on Jefferson St. Dan found it.

The guy knocked on the door and nobody answered the door so he cut the lock and drove off, that is what he told the cops? That dude is an idiot.

Something like that, yes. Logic need not apply.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
My dad has one of these on his trailer https://www.amazon.com/Trimax-UMAX50-Universal-Die-Cast-couplers/dp/B000F3RYGA its really stout, and locks from both sides. The one I use is just that yellow one like you had, but it only locks from one side, and well it doesnt really hold the lock anymore. it looks like it is locked, but that is all it is doing... I need a new lock anyway. Glad mine is in a garage at this time :-\
What do you mean it locks from both sides? Is it keyed on both legs? I have many trailers and we keep hearing about them getting ripped off. I'm thinking I need to invest in a better locking device.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I'm glad you found it.
I feel for you. After mine was stolen I gave myself anxiety looking for it everywhere, finally I had to forgive whoever it was who stole it and stop looking to gain some peace.
I hope this guy is remorseful and changes his life around. Perhaps prison will help.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
The dude knocked on your door to see if anyone was home so when he stole it he wouldn't have to worry about your wife seeing him drive off with it and calling the po-po. He got caught in a large degree because she was able to get the word out before he was able to hide it in his backyard. Had your wife answered the door its likely he would have made some BS excuse for knocking and would have bailed.

Its sucks that stuff like this happens and I'm pissed that its been happening all to frequent in our little neck of the woods because otherwise its a pretty decent place to live. (There were four or 5 vehicles stolen in my ward boundaries that I heard about in 2016.)

Coco

What do you mean it locks from both sides? Is it keyed on both legs? I have many trailers and we keep hearing about them getting ripped off. I'm thinking I need to invest in a better locking device.

Yeah, it is keyed on both sides. I was really impressed with how stout it is. I will probably be ordering one up before I get my trailer out of storage for the wheeling season.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I believe security cameras in an obvious place, and a sign to identify them is the best deterrent. If they know they are being watched, I think most criminals bail.

Caleb

That really sucks, glad you were able to find it. I seriously worry about this every day with my trailers.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I was bummed to hear it was stolen, and stoked to see that it had been recovered!

I'm glad you found it.
I feel for you. After mine was stolen I gave myself anxiety looking for it everywhere, finally I had to forgive whoever it was who stole it and stop looking to gain some peace.
I hope this guy is remorseful and changes his life around. Perhaps prison will help.

You were so close to finding yours too. I drive by that house every time I go to Home Depot, and I wonder.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Perhaps prison will help.

Prison.... hahaha you're a funny guy. I'd say there is a 98% chance this guy was out of jail within 6 hours of being arrested and back to stealing other peoples stuff.

Glad your trailer was recovered Carl, especially so quickly