Stolen flatbed trailer.

Rock Taco

Whoa a boot is only $50? That's cheap enough to use for pranking friends!

I like the way you think. haha

Glad you got it back so quickly relatively unscathed. We used to use those trailer locks at work but they are very easily knocked off with a good whack. I like the boot idea.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Mother-F! I'm glad it was resolved so quickly.

Was it dumb luck that he was seen or what?

Kinda--as soon as they got the word to keep an eye out for it, my father-in-law and brothers-in-law headed in 4 different directions looking for it...so it was actively being looked for when it was seen. If it would have been a couple minutes later, he would have had the trailer in his backyard with the gates closed, and I'd probably never have seen it again.

Yeah, it is keyed on both sides. I was really impressed with how stout it is. I will probably be ordering one up before I get my trailer out of storage for the wheeling season.

I have one on the way, thanks for the recommendation.

I believe security cameras in an obvious place, and a sign to identify them is the best deterrent. If they know they are being watched, I think most criminals bail.

In the works.

Prison.... hahaha you're a funny guy. I'd say there is a 98% chance this guy was out of jail within 6 hours of being arrested and back to stealing other peoples stuff.

Glad your trailer was recovered Carl, especially so quickly

I'm sad that's the case. What hoops will he have to jump through to get his truck back, since it was impounded? (that's the one part of this whole thing that makes me smile :) )

Also, an interesting side note, that my wife put together a few hours later...this guy has been to my house before. In the evening on 10/28, he knocked on the door and my wife answered. He asked for "Justin", and left when Justin didn't exist. My wife remembered he was parked strangely in front of my driveway at the time--which would be lined up to grab my trailer if nobody answered the door. :rolleyes: So it seems he's been eyeing my trailer for a while now.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Kinda--as soon as they got the word to keep an eye out for it, my father-in-law and brothers-in-law headed in 4 different directions looking for it...so it was actively being looked for when it was seen. If it would have been a couple minutes later, he would have had the trailer in his backyard with the gates closed, and I'd probably never have seen it again.

Where's he live? Close to you/me/Josh?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
The truck is part of the crime so he may not be able to get it back until the case is resolved and there is a possibility that he may never get it back. If he does it'll be when the case is resolved so that means if he pleads out or it goes through the whole case process which takes time. The city can file paperwork to retain the truck after the case is closed and resolved. I don't think there are set rules on when this happens so it may be just up to department policy.

What did you tell the cops the trailer is worth? You determine the severity of the crime based on the value, a few years ago anything above 3k was a 3rd degree felony if I remember right.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Where's he live? Close to you/me/Josh?

Yep.

The truck is part of the crime so he may not be able to get it back until the case is resolved and there is a possibility that he may never get it back. If he does it'll be when the case is resolved so that means if he pleads out or it goes through the whole case process which takes time. The city can file paperwork to retain the truck after the case is closed and resolved. I don't think there are set rules on when this happens so it may be just up to department policy.

That's what I was thinking, but this popped up today. Same truck...back at home already? http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/42837876

What did you tell the cops the trailer is worth? You determine the severity of the crime based on the value, a few years ago anything above 3k was a 3rd degree felony if I remember right.

North of that. ;)

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
You need a first and last name to look him up on the SL County Jail Roster. I checked the In/Out list to see if I could figure that out but it hasn't been posted yet for yesterday.

I checked out that listing Carl linked, if anyone is interested the same lady that posted it is willing to come case, I mean clean your house. Call to discuss pricing. lol. (ad here)

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I think his name might be Joe, but I don't have a last name.

My wife is waiting for a call back from the officer from yesterday, I'll have her get me the case number when she talks to him.

Incidentally, that truck is not at the house. That picture must be older. (someone just drove by to see...)

muleskinner

She list's the truck for sale by a single mother that needs cash fast! lol

I just sent her a text about it, I'll ask if it has enough power to pull an empty flatbed trailer:D