Stolen flatbed trailer.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
GRRRR. :mad2: My trailer was just stolen from in front of my house in Magna....my wife saw the truck pulling away, but was not able to get a plate #. Black single-cab Ford, 1970's-ish. My trailer is an 18' tandem axle, has a toolbox on the front of the deck with a winch inside. Bent 1.75" tube welded over the fenders makes it a little more unique and easier to identify. The deck is redwood and held on with carriage bolts.

Here is the most recent picture that includes my trailer that I can find right now--was in June 2016.

Attachments

• CruiserTrailer.jpeg
    CruiserTrailer.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 71

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Argh! I hate theives! You had a bulldog coupler on yours, right? That sets it apart from most car haulers. Was the black Ford 2wd or 4wd?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Yes, Bulldog coupler. Also had a Hitch lock like this one, although I'm sure it's gone now.

62336-2.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
My wife is on her way to identify the trailer RIGHT NOW. Police have the guy in custody--my brother-in-law spotted him hiding it behind his fence. :cool: Now I need to figure out how best to keep assholes like this from stealing it again. Obviously the hitch lock wasn't quite enough.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
That's really bold of someone to steal it from right in front of your house. Yikes. Get creative on the plasma table and make something cool to deter people. All you need is something that looks like it will take time to remove and they'll move on. The standard locks are easy to cut with a battery-powered angle grinder and thieves know that.

My wife is on her way to identify the trailer RIGHT NOW. Police have the guy in custody--my brother-in-law spotted him hiding it behind his fence. :cool: Now I need to figure out how best to keep assholes like this from stealing it again. Obviously the hitch lock wasn't quite enough.

rholbrook

People amaze me. They really do. How do they justify this? Its time for some payback if you know where they live. That I could justify. I doubt the law will do much but I hope I am wrong.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Removable tongue.

Some sort of ridiculous kickstand locked in place.

I've heard of theives dragging away locked trailers by the safety chains only.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I use that lock, was it cut or left behind? I guess we should start chaining up our wheels too.

I'm dying for updates, but gotta wait until my wife finishes up with the cops. I don't know yet.

People amaze me. They really do. How do they justify this? Its time for some payback if you know where they live. That I could justify. I doubt the law will do much but I hope I am wrong.

The guy said he knocked on the door, but nobody answered--so he took the trailer. (my wife was in the shower) Makes perfect sense, right?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Put a sign on it that says obamacare trailer. No one will want it.

maybe chain it to the fence.
maybe a chain through the wheels to each other.
maybe a boot like the tow companies use.
stupid thieves.