Stolen goods in Moab

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I know this is a couple weeks past but I just wanted to make everyone aware and see what we can do to stop this BS.

Over Thanksgiving weekend my family went down to Moab. Saturday night we had a case of motor oil, a 5gal jug of gas, and a case of antifreeze jacked out of the back of the truck. I know its not a lot but its the point the stuff is getting stolen.

The group parked next to us got their stereo system taken. I am not sure what else but when the police report was filed the officer said that they had already been contacted by 4 other hotels in town about cars being broken into.

I don't know if there is anything we can do to stop this. I know its hard to lock up a soft top Jeep or a topless runner. Any suggestions on this topic would help. Just be careful and lockup what you can.

I just needed to get that off my chest. It really irritates me when people take things that aren't theirs.

Thanks Tyson

larrybenny

larrybenny
I've had stuff stolen the last 2 times I was there. This last time it was only my stash of cigars because I didn't leave anything else in my rig to steal. We just have to act like moab is like any other big city and take what precautions we can.

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
my group was next to you, they took random little things, a 5 gallon gas can from me and two ratchet straps, then when i got home i noticed more little crap was gone, ipod transmitter, which was still hooked to my ipod, they unplugged my ipod and took the transmitter, then they cut the speaker connecters out of my wiring and took that and took my wire cutters. little butt holes...up the road they took someones gun case from under a truck box, but going to be to their suprise there's no guns, just a full set of front and rear chromolly shafts and hubs. this is the second time i have had stuff stolen.

Coco

We go to Moab as often as we can, but we have never had anything stolen. During ejs I would run topless/doorless, and never had any problems. But maybe ill need to start taking more precautions. :ugh:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Last year some clown stole a 5 gal gas can full of water off my dads car trailer, why he had water in it is beyond me....but we had a good laugh wondering how far the meth head made it before his car sucked in water.

1995zj

I'm addicted
Last year at EJS my cooler (full of beer) was stolen right from our camp when we were sleeping. Pretty sure that was just the douche bags camping next to us. Pretty sure they're on here as well since I've seen their rigs before. I don't mind the beer being stolen....I would've given it to them had they asked. But the cooler had some sentimental value to it...

Just goes to show you that there are a lot of douche bags out there.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
i was with auzzy yj and they took my moble propane torch kit. they left my angle grinder, drill, and comealong. all of wich was in the same spot on my floor.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Moab is full of free loading, stinking Hippies.

They dont work.....they thrive on the tourists.

In the profound words of my mentor....Eric Cartman....

I HATE HIPPIES!

In all honestly tho...theft happens everywhere. Just have to take extra precautions in certain places

sixb

Will work for beer!
Last year at EJS my cooler (full of beer) was stolen right from our camp when we were sleeping. Pretty sure that was just the douche bags camping next to us. Pretty sure they're on here as well since I've seen their rigs before. I don't mind the beer being stolen....I would've given it to them had they asked. But the cooler had some sentimental value to it...

That happend to me once when I was a kid during spring break on South Padre Island on the Texas Gulf coast right next door to Mexico. We were passed out drunk:) They took our beer and clothes. The next morning we were awaken by the tide:eek:
Good times.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
That happend to me once when I was a kid during spring break on South Padre Island on the Texas Gulf coast right next door to Mexico. We were passed out drunk:) They took our beer and clothes. The next morning we were awaken by the tide:eek:
Good times.
I hope your cloths were already off. :ugh:

zukijames

i live in moab and i worry about it everyday.. there is a homeless guy.. who is at mcdonalds almost everyday with a blackberry and a laptop.. theres another homeless person who always covers its face when you drive past.. im sure 95% of the stuff in the pawn shop is stuff the bums have stolen and pawned for money for booze and meth.. and i think the guy with the laptop is probably selling stuff he steals on ebay.

but like said above.. theft happens everywhere when i drive the buggy to work i park right infront of the door so i can see it all day.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Last year some clown stole a 5 gal gas can full of water off my dads car trailer, why he had water in it is beyond me....but we had a good laugh wondering how far the meth head made it before his car sucked in water.

Awesome! My bro had an employee stealing his gas everyday so he did this and filled one with water. He found out really quick which guy it was when his van motor no longer worked.

offroaddave

It's just one term!

Names?

dirtydog

Is all this crime in Moab a recent development? We were last there in '04 and had no problems at all.......left everything unsecured in the back of the Jeeps. Or were we just lucky?

STAG

On my grind
I've had a 5 gallon gas can full of gas stolen out of the bed of my pickup truck in Moab before, not even a big weekend, but that's all I've had stolen there.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I say that we all should take a 2.5 or 5 gal gas can and fill them up with water and leave them on our rigs this year and maybe we can wipe out half the thieves cars.... who is in?