Stolen goods in Moab

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I say that we all should take a 2.5 or 5 gal gas can and fill them up with water and leave them on our rigs this year and maybe we can wipe out half the thieves cars.... who is in?

Then on the bottom of the gas can write: "When your car brakes down, call me at this number... and I'll tell you what was in this gas can so you can get it fixed".
:rofl:

kidkrawler

Originally Posted by 1995zj View Post
Last year at EJS my cooler (full of beer) was stolen right from our camp when we were sleeping. Pretty sure that was just the douche bags camping next to us. Pretty sure they're on here as well since I've seen their rigs before. I don't mind the beer being stolen....I would've given it to them had they asked. But the cooler had some sentimental value to it...

Just goes to show you that there are a lot of douche bags out there.

I was made aware of this post by a friend on the board who has a good reputation here and is concerned fingers are being very publicly pointed.

My name is Mike DeMarco, I have an orange Grand Cherokee that is around a bit, I dont post here and my rig is the most likely way anyone here would know me.

The individual who made this post was camped in a corner directly next to me at EJS. If you have that GC with the "crawler ready" sticker in your rig I talked to you for a few minutes the first day we got there, you seemed like a nice enough individual.

If your post is in any way accusing me, or anyone in my group of stealing from you then by all means post the proof you have. To come onto a local public forum and start making accusations that someone on a board is stealing from other members is pretty bold. Please enlighten me with your tales of thievery, I am dying to hear how my group of longtime friends got so desperate for a beer they casually strolled into your consistently occupied camp and stole your cooler of beer.

Also, please PM me your phone number, lets have a conversation about this.

1995zj

I'm addicted
1995zj said:
Last year at EJS my cooler (full of beer) was stolen right from our camp when we were sleeping. Pretty sure that was just the douche bags camping next to us. Pretty sure they're on here as well since I've seen their rigs before. I don't mind the beer being stolen....I would've given it to them had they asked. But the cooler had some sentimental value to it...

Just goes to show you that there are a lot of douche bags out there.
I was made aware of this post by a friend on the board who has a good reputation here and is concerned fingers are being very publicly pointed.

My name is Mike DeMarco, I have an orange Grand Cherokee that is around a bit, I dont post here and my rig is the most likely way anyone here would know me.

The individual who made this post was camped in a corner directly next to me at EJS. If you have that GC with the "crawler ready" sticker in your rig I talked to you for a few minutes the first day we got there, you seemed like a nice enough individual.

If your post is in any way accusing me, or anyone in my group of stealing from you then by all means post the proof you have. To come onto a local public forum and start making accusations that someone on a board is stealing from other members is pretty bold. Please enlighten me with your tales of thievery, I am dying to hear how my group of longtime friends got so desperate for a beer they casually strolled into your consistently occupied camp and stole your cooler of beer.

Also, please PM me your phone number, lets have a conversation about this.

Yeah Mike, I know exactly who you are. I wasn't accusing you at all. I don't believe it was even that same EJS that I'm talking about either when you guys camped next to us. It was the same campground, but it was the people camped in the center site against the hotel fence. It was a group of Toyota's IIRC.

Anyways, I apologize that your friend told you I called you out, in no way was I talking about you. I've gone to many EJS's and camped by many of people.....sorry you took it to mean you.

TheJeepGuy

were all these thefts in town, hotels, campgrounds? This seems like a sudden thing happening, I used to live there and I never heard of any of these problems. I always felt really safe with my stuff but now I am getting worried after reading this and I am going down next weekend. I usually camp a couple miles north of town though.

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
we were in a hotel, right outside our dang window! one of the dang hippies walked across my dang hood! tellin ya, gonna go tribal on them..

TheJeepGuy

we were in a hotel, right outside our dang window! one of the dang hippies walked across my dang hood! tellin ya, gonna go tribal on them..

Were they bare feet? We really need to do something about this crap, way to much crap going on lately everywhere. We need to bring back the old justice system where we can kick your %$%$ for stealing stuff and take your hand.

Cherokeester

Were they bare feet? We really need to do something about this crap, way to much crap going on lately everywhere. We need to bring back the old justice system where we can kick your %$%$ for stealing stuff and take your hand.

That system didn't go away, if I caught someone carrying my stuff the new Moab hospital would be put to good use.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
when we were down there we camped a way in by the start to fins n things and we didnt have anything stolen or anyone by us as far as i know but everyone is right this crap needs to stop, i would beat the crap out of someone even if it wasnt my stuff there is nothing worse than people that steal from vistors

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
they had sneakers on, must have been someone skinny cause he/she didnt dent my hod but they bent one of my new tube fenders. i have an idea of who it might have been, there was a blue jetta that kept driving back and forth on the road next to the highway and i saw them looking at our setups and so one or two of the people i was with.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
they had sneakers on, must have been someone skinny cause he/she didnt dent my hod

most hippies are skinny :rofl:

we should probably put at least a tiny bit of gas in the cans so they at least smell like gas. then again the hippies might not be able to smell cause they don't seem to understand the importance of personal hygiene :ugh:

Was reading all these posts, and it reminded me of last year when someone tried to steal my old mountain bike while we were out on the trail. Wish I had a video camera though, as I'm sure I'd of had to put them on youtube as they only made it about 12 feet or so from the car trailer. That's when they reached the end of the dog cable I use to lock it to my car trailer, which I'm sure didn't budge an inch. Considering how I found it lying, I'm guessing it must have been quite the experience for them!

Ironically, prior to last year, I had never locked up much (besides the camper) when we were gone. I do find myself going to greater lengths to secure my stuff at night and during the day while we're gone! But the reality is if they want it bad enough, I'd rather them just take it, then cut, pry, or just vandalize the heck out of it.

Roger