Stolen Subaru

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
The young couple that rents our basement had their car stolen from in front of our house between 8PM yesterday and 7AM this morning. Info follows:

Subaru Outback
All wheel drive
White color
has 3 stickers on back bumper: Brazil sticker, BYU sticker and Greece
sticker
Montana License plates, starts with 51
Dent above rear (left)drivers side wheel well
Has over 200k Miles

EB101

The young couple that rents our basement had their car stolen from in front of our house between 8PM yesterday and 7AM this morning. Info follows:

Subaru Outback
All wheel drive
White color
has 3 stickers on back bumper: Brazil sticker, BYU sticker and Greece
sticker
Montana License plates, starts with 51
Dent above rear (left)drivers side wheel well
Has over 200k Miles

I feel bad for them. Usually it's the young couples that are hardest hit by something like this too. I hope they get it back soon.

-Steve

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
No luck so far. The police say it is either a Joy ride which they should find soon or chop shop which they may never find. Keep your eyes peeled , we have our fingers crossed.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Car found. It had 7 miles on the od and was left 3 blocks away. Candy wrappers on the floor leads us to believe it was someone in the neighborhood that needed a ride to the store and was too lazy to walk. No harm done to the car, no hot wire. How does someone do this without a key??????

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Car found. It had 7 miles on the od and was left 3 blocks away. Candy wrappers on the floor leads us to believe it was someone in the neighborhood that needed a ride to the store and was too lazy to walk. No harm done to the car, no hot wire. How does someone do this without a key??????

It is possable that the person thought it was their white 96 subaru and drove to the store drunk with their key, got some candy stopped and stumbled off ... yeah after a lot of years and use the tumblers in the older Ru's are not all that specific :)

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
On the older cars it was easy to get a cylinder from a junk yard, key it and simply plug it into the harness and vroom.

blznnp

When I use to work for discount tire, I accidentally used a toyota key to start a honda, maybe the tumblers in the cylinder are bad?