Stolen XJ

01XJ

I will go get a addy on this house tom and pm it to ever wants it i put the digy cam in my car so if i drive by and it is there i can get a pic....i thought about going and asking neighbors if this is the house with the nice old burb but that might draw to much attention to us doing that. I drive by alot to see if i can catch it out there......that nice big shop in the back yard .....they could do anything in it -_- -_-

DevinB

I like traffic lights
mtmangrizzly said:
I will go get a addy on this house tom and pm it to ever wants it i put the digy cam in my car so if i drive by and it is there i can get a pic....i thought about going and asking neighbors if this is the house with the nice old burb but that might draw to much attention to us doing that. I drive by alot to see if i can catch it out there......that nice big shop in the back yard .....they could do anything in it -_- -_-

I'm in Orem, PM the address and I'll be sure to drive by whenever I'm in the area.
Devin

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Where was it taken from?
Looks like the Mity Lite lot..??
Just curious, I work in that area and drive around allot durring the day I would love to help out.

Dan

958mtm

don't *$%^ with another man's vehicle

5DollerShake said:
Hey i live in orem as well, PM with where the neighborhood is and i'll drive by a couple times while i'm out and about and take my digicam with me, I beleive Vincent in Pulp Fiction said it best. Vincent Vega: What's more chicken**it than ****ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't **** with another man's vehicle. I'll keep my eyes peeled for sure i'm out a lot late at night, might be the same person that steals stereo's out of cherokees here in orem, any other vehicle with a nice stereo he'll leave alone but everytim you leave a cherokee out it's gone.

Amen, I don't know who broke into my cherokee, but it happened three times in 1 month and i'm sure it was the same group a vandals. They hit several people in the neiborhood and I've been living without a stereo of anykind for months now. I'm so pissed that i've been wanting to look into what the law says about shooting someone you catch breaking into your house or stealing from your property. I would hate/love to do it at the same time because this kind of thing has to stop, if your that broke get a job pushing some carts at a grocery store or something. -

958mtm

stripeshirtman said:
I may just have to look into that :p :D

...............um.....then again, maybe not, i'm still pushing carts and i've been doing it for almost 5 years now.......... -_- ..... you know who i am...... the crazy bagger who is trying to organize the bagger rebelion. WERE ON STRIKE.... WERE ON STRIKE.....

Bart

zukgod1 said:
Where was it taken from?
Looks like the Mity Lite lot..??
Just curious, I work in that area and drive around allot durring the day I would love to help out.

Dan

Yeah Dan, it was at Mity Lite. We think we've tracked the burb down. We have a plate number, a name, and the cops are on it. They asked "why do you think he stole your XJ?" and we said, "because we have these pictures".
I hope this is the a$$wipe, because he'll definitely get what's coming to him
Bart (nice meeting you and Andy today)

Bart

My friends XJ was recovered despite the inept police force down here. He had taken them the license plate number of the Suburban and the pictures and they still wouldn't even investigate until he got real irrate after many phone calls. When they did finally go to the house they found the XJ partially stripped in the back yard. How hard would it have been to at least drive by this guys house earlier. What is wrong with the police in Orem?

Anyway, the seats are gone and the tranny and freshly rebuilt t-case are gone also. There may be other things but those are the biggies. The real kicker is Randy had just had the old manual tranny replaced with this AW4 tranny and it took forever to get the wiring right. I'd bet all those wires are now cut.

The guy that owns the Suburban and the house it was found at claims it was his grandson that took it. His grandson is currently in jail. I think due to the circumstances the grandfather can be held liable for this.

At least he got it back, or will do after he gets it out of impound.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Bart said:
The guy that owns the Suburban and the house it was found at claims it was his grandson that took it. His grandson is currently in jail. I think due to the circumstances the grandfather can be held liable for this.

I think the guy and his grandson should be taken to a remote area in the desert and left there to walk back. After several days (of hopefully painful hiking to get out), they should be found and buried alive.

Bart

BlackSheep said:
I think the guy and his grandson should be taken to a remote area in the desert and left there to walk back. After several days (of hopefully painful hiking to get out), they should be found and buried alive.

Well, I don't think the granddad knows how much trouble he's really in. I just went and looked at the XJ and found out where it was. The seats are still there and so are the bumpers, although they were removed. The motor is hanging by the motor mounts cuz the tranny and t-case are gone, along with the drive lines. They also stripped oiut the battery and a lot of the motor hoses and lines out as well as completely destroying the wiring behind the dash. It's hanging out like a bomb blew up under there. All in all it would be easier to buy a different XJ and put the good parts from this one onto it, so basically it a total. The problem is there was no theft insurance on the rig.

Anyway that brings us back to grandpa. He obviously is the homeowner hiding (yes, it was well hidden from the road) a stolen vehicle that his grandson was stripping. He's as much a part of this as anyone and is now open to a civil suit. Funny thing is the neighbor to the east has a real nice lifted green XJ and the guy east of him has a semi built red YJ. I'm not implying that they were in on it, but it sure looks like a Jeeping neighborhood. It's on the east part of Pleasant Grove, a bit northeast above the high school.

Bart

popo said:
If I was given the police report and the officers name I could have done more for you. Glad to hear it was found. I hope the turd tells who he sold the parts to. The reciver can also get charged with recieving stollen goods.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, but hopefully there isn't a next time. Are you in Orem or PG?
Bart

JoeT

Good to hear this was recovered, sucks what happened. Anyways I work a 2nd job as a tow truck driver and I hauled in a XJ that's totaled from rear ending another truck. I have no interest in parting it out and I could get your buddy a good deal on it. Right everything is in limbo with it, but hey you never know. Just let me know if your friend is interested, I'll snap some pics if wanted.

JeepinJoe

PS clean out your PM's!