Strawberry and starvation

redrussell

A group of military are heading to Strawberry tomorrow and going fishing, has anyone been to starvation for walleye? How did you do and what was biting on what?

carsonc1974

Two of us decided to head over to Starvation today to see if I could find some perch and eyes. On the water at 8:00a and departed at 2:00p. Managed to pick up 3 smaller walleye (2 in Salatarus and 1 in Rabbit Gulch). Caught the eyes on bottom bouncers with a small purple and pearl spinner and half of night crawler. Eyes were caught in 15' of water. No perches to be found. Rainbows were reasonably aggressive, actually made a pest of themselves when we were after eyes. We ran two 30' jet divers with red flasher, white squid, and half crawler in addition to the two bottom bouncers. Boated 11 and released all but two that didn't recover. Most bows were taken in 30 to 40' of water and hit like a freight train. All were same size, about 2 pounds and fat and sassy.
Water temp 64 F, light wind and a few high clouds. Checked out both ends of the lake and surprisingly nothing caught or seen on sonar from the bridge to the Strawberry inlet. Lots and lots of gas bubbles that I'm thinking must be the result of fracting in the area. Water at bridge was murky whereas was very clear in Salatarus. All in all, it was a very nice day with good weather and a good fishing companion. Can't ask for much more. Good fishin everyone. Sorry no pics ... fishing buddy dropped cell phone in lake.

Stolen from bigfishtackle on 9/4

redrussell

Results for the day were slow, used worms and power bait. We started off trolling and didnt produce anything. We caught 2 dozen cutthroats 16"-21" range and caught 4 nice rainbows with the smallest being a 14" and I got a wonderful 19" fatty.