Street legal kit

MattL

I remember seeing a post about a local person doing street legal kits for bike. I cant seem to find it using the search.

Anyone remember who it was?

thanks!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Ryco or something? I think they're available thru RockyMountainATV too.

RockyMountainATV also has Tusk-brand street legal kits, seems like the reviews are pretty good and they're quite affordable too.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
PS, what kind of bike? I considered the local kits as well as the Baja Design kit for my KTM but I ended up with a kit from Sicass Racing, 100% plug and play with my specific bike using the factory headlight, etc. I've been very pleased.

MattL

Thanks for the direction guys.
I found the link i was thinking of.
Link

I was looking at the tusk but i dont like the rear fender dealio. I was hoping to incorporate it into the existing fender.

Oh by the way.. long story made shore I am a couple of days away from being a Honda 250x owner.
:)

Last edited:

Caleb

Nice choice of bike. I wasn't a fan of the BD rear fender, but now that I have had it on all summer, I think I'd rather have it than one without the rear fender. The downer for my on my BD kit is the 80s looking front head light (which is getting replaced this winter). The Tusk kit has the same rear fender. It seems to save license plates a lot longer. My buddy put the Ryco kit on his WR about the same time I put it on my CRF and his plate is already starting to crack, and he even backed his plate with some kind of plastic.

When I do it again on my next bike, I'd either go with the BD again or the Tusk kit.

MattL

Thanks for the replies. Caleb is it possible to snap a picture of your rear fender? The bike I have, has some sort of a kit on ot right now but it's half installed and half in a box. I am thinking of looking around for some differnt turn signal lights and a multi brightness stock tail light, if that makes sense. I can't waIt to get it out again.

Caleb

yeah, standby for a pic. Goto crfsonly.com for a stock replacement taillight that doubles as a brake light. They also have the pressure switch if you need one.

Caleb

These are pics from my phone, so excuse the quality. If there is something you are looking to see in particular, let me know.

photo.JPG

photo-1.JPG

photo-2.JPG

ricsrx

I saw you pm'ed me on this, I made my own kit. The state inspectors dont like as much but they cant fail it.

MattL

What about this?

Link

Also, what is the rules for an illuminated license plate?

Thanks for the pictures Caleb.

ricsrx

What about this?

Link

QUOTE]

yep, that were i got my parts, but i made a mount and added the the new tail light as shown in your link just under the fender but above the plate,
I would show pics but the bike is at my brothers in Price.
I also dont have turn signals( not needed 5 years ago when I did mine).

MattL

Thanks all.
It looks like the kit that is on this bike is a Dakar dual sport kit. The wiring is inplace, but all the other hardware is in a box. I have started tearing the wiring apart to see why some of the lights don't work, (ground and a test light) and what a mess it seems like.
Baby steps.