Jeep Stretch YJ "Might as well" Build

LJTim

I love how your front lights turned out. This is looking very clean, and well thought out. - despite the damage I saw on facebook. I'm also digging your strap hanger. I might need to rip that off. I have been struggling to figure out how to do limiting straps on my set up.

Reactions: SSR

SSR

At the end of March my kids and I returned to Moab to assist on another trail project. This time the trail project was Pritchett, this would be a great opportunity to run the trail, while also offering a helping hand with the project labor. The jeep performed excellent on the trail, only being denied by Rock Pile. BC44F4F0-0B80-48A5-BC8A-790DA74A9974.jpeg

SSR

For EJS we ran Rusty Nail and Pritchett Canyon.

Rusty Nail was a fun day, I was able to walk up everything for most of the trail. Then Jeff Stevens served me a slice of humble pie on a line he easily climbed, it took me several attempts to clear the obstacle. Obviously guilt ridden about it, he talked me into climbing ButtScratcher to cheer me up again. There was a great photographer that was running this trail with us, so the entire group was treated to some really neat photos.
FCD11E39-99A5-49C9-9C69-28C714639343.jpeg

Pritchett Canyon was awesome, the entire group was made up of capable builds and drivers. We moved through the obstacles at a smooth pace. Several including myself, tried Rock Pile, but it was not to be. On one of my attempts I broke the ears on a stub shaft, then just to prove a broken axle wasnt enough, I accidentally backed into a overhanging rock. My wife smiled at the damage assessment, but I don’t think she meant it .
D2580322-7FD2-4D72-B66E-180ECD1546BB.jpeg3AB9702D-CA15-4E9F-8829-CBBE40CD9858.jpeg
CC477B85-0A03-48B9-AF46-0338F9867661.jpeg

Last edited:

SSR

I love how your front lights turned out. This is looking very clean, and well thought out. - despite the damage I saw on facebook. I'm also digging your strap hanger. I might need to rip that off. I have been struggling to figure out how to do limiting straps on my set up.
Thanks Tim, I agree the lights really helped finish the front. I also found someone to make the sections to close off the back of the front fenders. I was checking out his work on a couple of other builds and I think they will work great.

Bart

Your rig looks amazing and extremely capable. It's always fun to do runs with Jeff and that crew. They know parts of trails that others don't.

Reactions: SSR

SSR

Some of you remember my ill fated attempt at fitting a LJ hardtop onto my build so I could measure for the cage. Needless to say it didn’t end well.

Fortunately I have since been lucky enough to find another hardtop, so here we go Round 2. It needs a little love, but should be good enough for winter wheeling.

32900D82-57BF-4C9D-8CC8-4A3AFF478C66.jpegC187D6BB-DCF5-46F2-B7D0-C70B945BE903.jpeg