• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Stucco Work?

MOODY

Bald Guy
The wife crashed her car into the side of the garage awhile back, and it needs to be repaired. Just the stucco. Anyone do smallish jobs like that? Recommend anyone?

Roger 801 Five Niner Niner 0974

str8axleguy

Yep if it’s foam board behind probably soft. Hard to say where I haven’t seen it but soft is thinner probably less than 1/8 inch maybe 1/16

Troop92

Yep if it’s foam board behind probably soft. Hard to say where I haven’t seen it but soft is thinner probably less than 1/8 inch maybe 1/16

Is your brother-in-law still in the business? Definitely soft foam (gives when lightly pressed, has a foam/fiber backing), needs some love.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Having foam behind it doesn’t really mean it’s soft. Hit the damaged area with a hammer, you’ll know for sure. Mine is hard with a foam backing (I know, that’s what she said). You guys really need to post up when you find a guy willing to do small jobs like this. I struggled for a couple of months trying to find someone, they’d much rather do new houses, where the money is.

Attachments

• 63EFFE8D-46DC-40EB-95AE-6F3AB334011B.jpeg
    63EFFE8D-46DC-40EB-95AE-6F3AB334011B.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 16

Troop92

Having foam behind it doesn’t really mean it’s soft. Hit the damaged area with a hammer, you’ll know for sure. Mine is hard with a foam backing (I know, that’s what she said).

Hmmm... This is thin and gives when your push on it with your hand. So which is it?

Attachments

• 20200525_120039.jpg
    20200525_120039.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 15

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
My guess would be a soft coating. Mine is about 3/8” thick, and as hard as concrete. A tap with a hammer will tell you for sure.