Suicidal...more info please

RedBull_RockIt

Seeing as Suicidal Tendencies at Area BFE will be closed due to erosion...for those of us that never even got to see it, can someone post stories of the carnage, who has done it, how many people were denied, and that kind of fun stuff...and even some pics???

Sure would appreciate it!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I could be wrong, but I think I recall seeing the sign for Suicidal to the right of the Upper Helldorado trail just after you get past the gate keeper, and a good 50 feet before the narrow part.

It's almost straight up vertical with a lot of loose boulders and dirt. I think some really technical driving could get through it, but you'd definately want to be on the end of your winch just in case... it's a long fall back down.

JParriott

THREESIX
I hate closing stuff. The trail has never fully been run. Poeple had been doing the initial climb and then just cutting up to the road. That is there errosion problem. But under the same breath, the second part of the trail was never done because I must have been temperarily nuts when I lined it out.

Coco

I hate closing stuff. The trail has never fully been run. Poeple had been doing the initial climb and then just cutting up to the road. That is there errosion problem. But under the same breath, the second part of the trail was never done because I must have been temperarily nuts when I lined it out.

So, wait...I thought you owned that whole area? So, Why are you being forced to close it down? Correct me if I am wrong!

Crinco

Jeremy,
So is this a problem of the tires loosening the soil and causing the errosion, or because of rocks being moved that were holding up the sides.... What went wrong that we can change so we cause less damage to other trails? I am sure we all understand that you don't want the area to fall apart and we are no strangers to closed trails, I just want to know what we can do to help prevent it in the future in other areas of BFE and elsewhere.
By the way, this picture is awsome!
http://www.bfefilms.net/contact.php
CR

JParriott

THREESIX
No one did anything wrong at all.

The trail cut up to the main road (Kevin's Cut) above Helldorado. The problem is as we made it and kept working it the erosion is killing that access road. In case of some emergence access, we don't want that to be a constant maintenance issue.
The route used to get out of the trail hinged upon a huge rock face. Now that face is pretty unstable. We fear that it could possibly be a hazard and harm people.

Believe me, I hate the idea of closing anything. But at the same time I certainly don't wish to see anyone get hurt because of something stupid.