Suka, let's build a Buggy! (virtual)

sukaB

Banned
Good idea
me personally..
Yj frame-cheap and easy....
Why not.....lots of holes already for bolts and cut the back off and hook up whatever suspension you like..
:D
This should awesome....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well, why not just start with short lenghts of 2x4 .120 wall steel. Say from the motor mounts back to the rear link mounts? tube everywhere else. How aesy/much is it to get a YJ frame? Overall, I would like it narrow and low, like Jason Paule's. Just two seats, almost touching sides, 24 or 25" frame height at ride height.

Last edited:

sukaB

Banned
See I say the same thing I would love to have a custom built tube buggie, but it takes alot more work.
It's so damn easy to use a tj or yj frame because all the crap I build is already to go. belly pans arm brackets seat locations and cage mount points.
i just put ford knuckles under mine and if you can do that and still get coil overs stuffed up front your fine.
Hoods are done,
cowling done,
Floor already there just cut off and narrow the back
Wait a minute i'm giving my secrets to the other dudes ?? hint hint who have no idea yet....
wait I just busted my knuckle open on this damn virtual buggie,
that's waht I get for working late and sober.....
Sorry I have to spend time with the non virtual Natty.....
Nice set of tires girl........
See yah tomorrow morn.....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well, I didn't say I wanted easy, and all of those things you mentioned, I wouldn't want on the buggy( no offense) I already decided on not using a Jeep hood or cowl, the seats would be closer together, so the mounting holes wouldn't work. I'm trying to think a little different. I really want this thing to be low, top of the cage under 6' at ride height. Definitely a flat belly, maybe 1/4" aluminum. I'm gonna use Brit's motor and t-case, got a c-4, need an adapter. All tube, but I want a floor and side sheet metal covering (anti-get-muddy) coilovers, anti-rocks. EFI. 4links. hydro steer. 105 wheelbase. I was thinking about a rear mounted radiator, but decided it was too much of a pain for the benefit. I will start building it soon, but it will probably take me quite a long time.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by sukaB
It's so damn easy to use a tj or yj frame because all the crap I build is already to go. belly pans arm brackets seat locations and cage mount points.

That is an excellent route, and many take it. However, with an all-tube chassis, it is all YOU. The only dimensions that exist are the ones that you create. Alot more work, but bad-a$$. Can both be used on the same level competitively? Absolutely...

Last edited:

sukaB

Banned
Let's just get some bilstein's and run a pro-rock rear........
I'm working on new pricing with dyna as we speak.