Summer crawling trails in Utah

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I’m racking my brain and I want to get out to play... what are some decently difficult trails that would be good to run in the summer but are higher elevation to avoid heat?

Seriously seems like Utah lacks higher elevation crawler trails of this type. Any ideas?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Come to CO and run Holy Cross! Its high elevation and has big, nasty boulders towards the end. Probably still partly snow covered too.

I still haven't done it, but really want to.
I wanna run that one day too. We've been invited to run a few trails near Buena Vista in August.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Come to CO and run Holy Cross! Its high elevation and has big, nasty boulders towards the end. Probably still partly snow covered too.

I still haven't done it, but really want to.

Utah needs Holy Cross style trails!

I've been wanting to work with the FS up here to see if it's possible to break a trail or two but from my last couple trips up there they are closing off routes faster than the trees are dying from beetles.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Utah needs Holy Cross style trails!

I've been wanting to work with the FS up here to see if it's possible to break a trail or two but from my last couple trips up there they are closing off routes faster than the trees are dying from beetles.

I really wish we had more options too. It sucks that Lil moab and the snakes are the best options nearby and they're both HOT.

Yes, I purposefully left out AFC because it's not even an option. too many sxs guys.

Coco

Some of my favorite trails I ran in the buggy were 10 Falls, and I think Upper/Upper, and Lower/Upper in Gypsum, CO. They were higher elevation, so it wasn't super hot in July. I'd love to run those again.

Bart

Always wanted to try Holy Cross when I had more extreme rigs. Not sure how the JK would do there. Would love to try some other trails in Colorado someday.