Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Asking Price
$14500
Condition
Used - Great Condition
SOLD
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ. 72k original miles.
4.0L inline 6 motor. 5 speed manual trans.
4.5" Teraflex long arm kit. Quick disconnect sway bars.
ARB air lockers front and rear.
York onboard air compressor and 5 gallon Sunair tank.
Atlas II 4.3 tcase. Twin stick.
Warn 9000XDi winch.
4.88 gears. 1.5 body lift (to clear the Atlas)
Warn 5x5.5 hub conversion (uses Full size D44 spindles and hubs). 30 spline alloy outers, alloy inners up front.
Full Float alloy conversion rear Dana 44.
37" BFG All terrain tires on 5 Brand New 17" Vision vheels
Tuffy locking center console.
Aftermarket bumpers. With swing out spare tire, with High-Lift Jack. Rock sliders.
Xenon 8" flares. LED Headlights with integrated amber blinkers. LED taillights.
Rocky Road Outfitters high steering and Rock Road Outfitters quick release mudflaps.
Rock Hard bolt in cage (color paint matched).
New tinted windows from ExpressTints in St. George.
Hard top. Aftermarket seats. Aftermarket stereo & amp. Optima Red top battery.
Hand throttle. Zero rust. Nice paint. New starter. New fuel pump, new tie rod ends and ball-joints in the last 200 miles.
Front driveshaft and front differential rebuilt by Axis Drivelines
Runs down the freeway at 80 no problem!

Built with no expense spared, but now that kid number 3 showed up I don't have enough seat belts.
No trades please.
Clean title in hand.

IMG_5250.JPGIMG_5252.JPGIMG_5253.JPGIMG_5255.JPGIMG_5256.JPGIMG_5257.JPGIMG_5258.JPGIMG_5264.JPGIMG_5266.JPGIMG_5274.JPG

Last edited:

85CUCVKRAWLER

Nice Jeep. Don't see how you'll have any problem getting that with as insane as Jeep prices are these days.

The first foray i had into offroading was exactly this TJ, same build (minus the atlas), same size tires and bumpers, same miles, same drivetrain.

I bought it for $7500 in 2006. People then thought i paid way too much for it. Beat the piss out of that thing for years.

3739_80638664081_6281829_n.jpg

RockChucker

The first foray i had into offroading was exactly this TJ, same build (minus the atlas), same size tires and bumpers, same miles, same drivetrain.

I bought it for $7500 in 2006. People then thought i paid way too much for it. Beat the piss out of that thing for years.

View attachment 140985
Yeah it’s crazy. I bought my 97 in 07 with 92k miles and a smiling front axle for $4500. My brother just bought a stock 00 with a budget boost and 32s and 192k for about $10k. My mind almost exploded. I’d be shocked if it doesn’t sell fast.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
My other TJ (an 02) I bought in 09 for much much less than it's worth now.
Older Jeeps will continue to gain value as reliable and useful and easy to maintain vehicles.
Consider a '69 Camaro sold for $2700 new and a good example now can run you $100k.
If it doesn't sell for what I want, I can pull the atlas and drop in a np231.