Super?

R

rockdog

Shawn said:
Did you get your buggy registered? I'm wondering about the process.

Shawn, know any police officers? Not ones who have arrested you. ;) You have to have one look at your rig and sign off papers with their badge # twice. ;) Went through this a month ago.

Caleb

not yet, haven;t been able to get away...I have monday off and so I am hoping to do it (or atleast get it started) then.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Supergper said:
not yet, haven;t been able to get away...I have monday off and so I am hoping to do it (or atleast get it started) then.
Please keep me updated, I have been putting this off for too long.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
rockdog said:
Shawn, know any police officers? Not ones who have arrested you. ;) You have to have one look at your rig and sign off papers with their badge # twice. ;) Went through this a month ago.
Nope,

What papers. I did pick some up last time I was at the DMV... I'm at work so I can't look to see what they are. I would like to make this process as soomth as possible. All I have heard is horror stories about this.

R

rockdog

ok, first you have to take a picture of your rig to the county assessors where you register your other stuff (cars , boats , ect.) They give you two sets of papers to fill out. One is to verify the current vin#s on your cruiser.The cop has to sign off on this paper that he has verifyed the vin#s are correct and all match.I've got a nephew who is a cop and lives down the street so this wasn't a big deal. On the same paper you have to describe in detail what changes you've made to the vehicle.I mean what axles, where they came from,ect.,ect., Then you take that paper back and they will assign new vin #s for you vehical. Green sticker that you have to put over or next to your old vin #s on the dash. You then have the cop come back and sign off on the second paper they've given you that you have indeed put said green vin sticker in place. Take that back and pay em and get off road stickers like on your four wheelers. Kind of a long explanation. If you have any ?s feel free to call me. Phil @ 785-3184 or cell 376-0462 :)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
rockdog said:
ok, first you have to take a picture of your rig to the county assessors where you register your other stuff (cars , boats , ect.) They give you two sets of papers to fill out. One is to verify the current vin#s on your cruiser.The cop has to sign off on this paper that he has verifyed the vin#s are correct and all match.I've got a nephew who is a cop and lives down the street so this wasn't a big deal. On the same paper you have to describe in detail what changes you've made to the vehicle.I mean what axles, where they came from,ect.,ect., Then you take that paper back and they will assign new vin #s for you vehical. Green sticker that you have to put over or next to your old vin #s on the dash. You then have the cop come back and sign off on the second paper they've given you that you have indeed put said green vin sticker in place. Take that back and pay em and get off road stickers like on your four wheelers. Kind of a long explanation. If you have any ?s feel free to call me. Phil @ 785-3184 or cell 376-0462 :)
Thanks Phil that helps alot!

Now to find a cop..... :ugh:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Shawn said:
Thanks Phil that helps alot!

Now to find a cop..... :ugh:

I had to have a VIN inspection, I just took it down to Sandy City Hall and walked in and asked for an officer, he came right out and took care of it. I have done the exat thing with Sandy & the UHP for fix-it tickets... they come right out and sign it off (if it is fixed)

R

rockdog

Supergper said:

Super, The process is a little differant for buggys built from scratch. You have to take it down there with you and have them inspect it (check for other vin #s I think) themselves. They then assign it a vin #. ;)

I hope this saves you guys some of the grief I went through.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Does anyone know who will insure a rig like this? My insurance agency (all state) won't insure my rig if I register it as something besides a grand cherokee. I want some liability insureance incase I hurt someone or something on accident.

Cody