Jeep Supreme Suspension lift

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
It's probably on-par with any other shackle and spacer lift. Not much to go wrong with them really - as long as the hardware fits well, seems to be of decent quality, and the steel comprising the shackles isn't tinfoil. I'd give it a shot if you want.

Those are both fairly common parts to find used too, so maybe that's worth looking into to save some $$$? And, just for reference if you look for used ones, all XJ front, MJ front, TJ front and rear, and ZJ front and rear coil spacers are interchangeable.

Keep in mind too that at 2" of lift there is a good chance you'll need to either extend your stock shocks somehow, or replace them with longer ones.

I was looking at bar pin eliminator kits. I checked out a thread on another forum that said it will compress the shock a bit more, but I'm not sure if it will be enough. The shocks are in decent shape, so I'm not too keen on replacing those right away. I was thinking I may need longer brake lines also. Does a 2" lift any readjustment of the front end geometry? I found that same kit on Amazon for $90, so I guess there's no rush snagging that exact one.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
The bar pin eliminator kits will give you roughly 1" of additional shock length, so that'll help. As long as your shocks aren't already on the short side of acceptable, that 1" will probably be enough for you.

The brake lines will probably be OK with only 2" of lift, but I'd still check them closely afterwards. Lots of the "budget boost" type kits do come with extension brackets to relocate the brake line mount on the "frame".

You will need to align the front end after the lift. The toe will need to be re-set, and you will probably need to re-center the steering wheel (via drag link adjustment - DON'T pull off your actual steering wheel and re-center it that way....) Caster and camber aren't anything you'll want to (or even be able to) mess with. I'd do a tape measure alignment in the driveway, and then you can take it in and have a legit alignment done if you like. I've always had good luck with the tape measure, and often don't bother with the professional alignment.

I've seen the tape measure method done, and heard people have really good luck. I probably won't be going with bigger tires right off the bat. Last own just put some on, but they aren't very aggressive, but I want a bit more clearance under the body at least. Aiming to do 33" tires eventually, so I'll probably end up needing... 4" to clear those? 6"? I'm new to all this obviously.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I've seen the tape measure method done, and heard people have really good luck. I probably won't be going with bigger tires right off the bat. Last own just put some on, but they aren't very aggressive, but I want a bit more clearance under the body at least. Aiming to do 33" tires eventually, so I'll probably end up needing... 4" to clear those? 6"? I'm new to all this obviously.
On a simple solid axle vehicle like an XJ, there isn't much reason to go beyond the tape measure alignment unless you're not comfortable doing it yourself.
33s would be a tight squeeze on a 3-4" lift, but it can certainly be done. Fair warning though, I am a fan of buying tires that are too big, and then cutting sheet metal until they fit, so many might not agree with me. 6" is probably a more typical lift height for 33s, but, IMO, going up to a 6" lift means lots of other bigger changes if you want it safe and reliable.

Yeah, I still want it to be well mannered on the street, so if I need to settle with 31" or something I'm sure that would take me where I want to go. I'm really interested in doing a mechanical locker in the rear too, but I'm trying to tackle one thing at a time :p

That makes sense. I don't mind trimming a bit here and there. I may eventually go crazy with a grinder if I want to fit some real big tires.
I like the idea of minimal lift with maximum flex, so I'm sure it'll get hacked here and there at some point.