SUP's any experience?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Looks like we may be heading to Yuba for my brothers B-day. I am thinking that some paddle boards would be fun. Where is the best place to rent from? should I go hard board or inflatable?
Looking for 2 boards for 2 days.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Inflatable's are so much easier to carry, but if you've got room for a couple 11' boards there is no reason not to rent a hard one. Depending on when you are going to be there, you could borrow mine. I work in Gunnison, so you could just drive the 20 extra minutes and grab it from me.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I am amazed at how hard it is to get a rental! They are booked. probably because I am calling the cheaper ones first, like everyone else.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Inflatable's are so much easier to carry, but if you've got room for a couple 11' boards there is no reason not to rent a hard one. Depending on when you are going to be there, you could borrow mine. I work in Gunnison, so you could just drive the 20 extra minutes and grab it from me.

I may have to take you up on this offer..

sixstringsteve

I was paddling strong lake in grand Teton np yesterday and I was wishing I had my paddleboard with me. I'm definitely going to go back and do it again with the paddle board next time.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
The paddle boards were a big hit. They got used the whole time.
I was really impressed with my wife. I think she had to focus so hard on the standing, that she forgot about everything else. She would go out for a good amount of time, and come back completely relaxed and happy. She LOVED them.

My girls (age 6) did really well also.

IMG_4834.JPGIMG_4835.JPG

D

Deleted member 12904

So I was at Sams Club and decided to pick up a couple of these less expensive boards. Hopefully they will be good enough to play around on.

sixstringsteve

no offence, but when I'm out paddleboarding (or doing anything in nature) I hope I don't have to hear other people's music. Recently, I've been coming across a lot of people on my hikes who are blasting their music through their bluetooth speakers on their pack. I'm a musician. I LOVE music. Music makes some activities far more enjoyable than without it.

But I also love the peace and quite that nature brings me. Headphones are a great way to enjoy your tunes without ruining it for others.

That being said, the two biggest markets at OR are SUPs and Bluetooth Speakers.

D

Deleted member 12904

no offence, but when I'm out paddleboarding (or doing anything in nature) I hope I don't have to hear other people's music. Recently, I've been coming across a lot of people on my hikes who are blasting their music through their bluetooth speakers on their pack. I'm a musician. I LOVE music. Music makes some activities far more enjoyable than without it.

But I also love the peace and quite that nature brings me. Headphones are a great way to enjoy your tunes without ruining it for others.

That being said, the two biggest markets at OR are SUPs and Bluetooth Speakers.

Definitely not offended that we are different. I love music outdoors. It keeps me feeling upbeat and helps keep pace when hiking or what ever. So far I haven't encountered anyone else one the water besides others I'm with when paddle boarding. But that said I would feel a little creeped out if someone was following me close enough around the water to hear my little Bluetooth speaker on the front of my board. Dugfab had one on his board last Sunday when we went and we where easily able to have a conversation while paddling and listening to music.