Suzuki XL-7 build- “XL7-UP”

The_Lobbster

Started work on some boxed plate control arms. Originally wanted to use OEM rubber bushings, but finally decided poly is probably to be the best option. I’ve been eyeing duroflex joints as well.

I currently have ARB coils up front, which have a 540 ppi rating, and they seem extremely stiff. I have 2nd gen 2wd Tacoma coils I plan to swap in instead, which are rated 465 and about 1.5” longer than stock. Stock is 445.

IMG_2178.jpegIMG_2177.jpegIMG_2139.jpegIMG_2140.jpegIMG_2015.jpeg

IMG_2017.jpeg

The_Lobbster

Are you going wider? Or what's the goal on lowers? More strength? Better BJ angle at lift?
Around 1” wider and 1.5” forward on each side. They should hopefully be stronger than stock, and they’ll be serviceable. The OEM arms do not have replaceable joints.

Also, I hope to get a little better bj angle as well with the lift to promote a longer service life.

The_Lobbster

Pretty sure I need a lung transplant with how much cut off disc dust I’ve breathed in working on these arms.

Slid some 1.5 dom into the 1.75 to keep everything aligned while I assemble. Really excited to see how these turn out!

I’m assembling everything with an edge stick out of approximately 1/4” to get a “tee” weld. Because, it gives me more flexibility in fitment, my bends made with a hammer and vise don’t have to be exact. It’ll also be easier for me to weld.

IMG_2349.jpeg