Swapping a big block Mopar 440 into a Samurai... because they can.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I follow both Roadkill and David Freiburger on FB. I am sure that fact surprises none of you. What might surprise you, however, is what Dave has been posting recently. Without any advance fanfare, on Monday Dave posted the following photo and caption:

Dulcich and Freiburger are building a Samurai with a Mopar 440 Big-block. Because they can. Plus...the return of Harry Tow! Handy as an engine hoist.
lUJ7iwB.jpg

That's it--just one photo with a short description. Then on Tuesday, came this:

This has gotten out of control.
bve163H.jpg

On Wednesday, the next installment appeared:

How to solve a minor engine setback.
gF2Mbdf.jpg

And that takes us to today:

Still building the Super Sammy. Who knew it would be so much work to do a big-block Swap, wiring, brakes, fuel system, engine setback, custom pedal and column location...etc. We are doing as much as we can with Parts scavenged from the junkyard.
fBnYktE.jpg

I love these guys. I want to be these guys.

B

Bustedjeep

Cool, but they have to pull the engine to change a spark plug?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Cool, but they have to pull the engine to change a spark plug?
Seems like I recall this happening from the factory as well a few times. I think it was an old FWD Mercury that guys would kill flat rate by drilling a hole through the glove box and then through the fire wall to gain access to a spark plug.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Early Friday morning, this was posted.

Steve Dulcich boonie Thermoquad repair. A float broke!
7ZkC2CW.jpg

Later that same day, this appeared.

Want to see our Super Sammy? You can check it out during business hours at Hidden Valley Auto Parts in Maricopa, Arizona, all next week. Maybe the 440 will have cooled off by the time you get there.
b7125aa.jpg

:)