Trip Report SXS - Moab Trip

Coco

We decided to take a trip to Moab with some friends and family in the SXS's over the weekend. Had a great time, it was a bit cold in the mornings, and yesterday, but it was still a lot of fun.

We did Behind the Rocks on Saturday. We were able to do everything but the very first obstacle (went back to the hwy and around) and high dive. Two SXS's tried the first obstacle, but being snow covered it wasn't going to happen.

IMG-5628.JPG

Sitting at the top of High Dive - Debated it for a while, but decided to go around.

unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (6).jpg

Had to get a photo of the wife and pup.

unnamed (2).jpg
IMG-5629.JPG
unnamed (5).jpg

My cousin coming down White Knuckle

IMG-5631.JPG

Sunday we started the day by going into Arches. I hadn't been there since I was 13, so it was fun to go in and see the beauty that it is for the morning. After that, my buddy and I went to Poison Spider. Had a great time there as well, but on the other side of 'little arch' (I have always heard and called it fireman's arch) after dropping down the slickrock after 'giant pothole' (which I am kind of also surprised no one has played in, as it is just a big hot tub like Hells Revenge - wonder what/why would make it OK to run the HR hot tubs, but not this one?) we did get a bit lost. It had been a long time since either of us had ran this trail, and on the other side, people have made all sorts of offshoots, and roads that went nowhere. The paint marks and signs were all but gone. We found the rest of the trail eventually, but at that point it was getting dark and we needed to head back down to meet others for dinner.

unnamed (7).jpg
unnamed (8).jpg
unnamed (9).jpg

Coco

unnamed (13).jpg
unnamed (10).jpg
unnamed (11).jpg
unnamed (12).jpg
unnamed (15).jpg

Always gotta show off and lift a tire in the wedgie

unnamed (14).jpg

unnamed (16).jpg

Monday we ran Moab Rim really quick before heading home. Nothing to report there, just a good time!

Was a great trip, all the locals we came in contact with at the restaurants/shops were nice and pleasant (which was a nice change - as the last several times I was there they always seemed to have an attitude or didn't want you there. Maybe if we told them we were in SXS's they wouldn't ha.)

Last edited:

Pile of parts

wonder what/why would make it OK to run the HR hot tubs, but not this one?)
Nice report. However, given the political climate, I'm not sure a SXS post can coexist on this forum...🤣

As to your question, because it was always understood early on what was on the trail and what was off the trail. Unfortunately, not much is understood down there now. Give it time and I'm sure there will be a set of tracks. From then, you'll never keep people out.. until a group has to coordinate with the BLM and build a fence.

Coco

Nice report. However, given the political climate, I'm not sure a SXS post can coexist on this forum...🤣

As to your question, because it was always understood early on what was on the trail and what was off the trail. Unfortunately, not much is understood down there now. Give it time and I'm sure there will be a set of tracks. From then, you'll never keep people out.. until a group has to coordinate with the BLM and build a fence.
Thank you! I wanted to bring a bit of a different trip report to the forum, and give everyone some photos and words.

LOL I am out to build that bridge! I don't know if it can ever happen, but here is to trying. :cool:

I thought the same thing. I was honestly surprised there was even a hot tub on that trail. I never knew there was one til I was passing it, and the sign that was made giving it its name. Unfortunately I think you are right about the tracks in it, but let's hope that isn't the case.