Tacoma Corona Holder

notajeep

Just me
I've been working on these for a bit, but now they're done I'm reasonably happy with how they turned out.

These are Toyota Tacoma front Bed Supports. Everyone and their mother make rear bed supports, but I've had a couple of friends see damage to the front of their beds from heavy racks and camper shells, and not much out there to help prevent that.

I started with these for a friend who already had cracks in the front bed corners.

received_151227739343521.jpeg

Then this for another friend to go with a rack I built for him.

20190825_190705.jpg

Then I finally sat down at the computer and designed a better version. I wanted them not only to be a functional bed support, but also to add a few extra features and look good enough that Tacoma owners would want them based on than alone. They offer additional tie down points, an antenna holder, a flagpole holder, and cup holders.

I had my friend with a laser cut them for me, and I dimpled and welded them before powder coat. They are in two pieces so they can be used to pull an already spreading bed back into alignment, and so they could be easily shipped.

20200306_120137.jpg

20200306_120054.jpg

They also work with camper shells

received_2809775455774619.jpeg

received_626985217879978.jpeg

Anyway, if you made it this far, Thoughts? Improvements? Attachments that make sense?
I'm working on a highlift mount that'll bolt to the tiedown holes that are already there.

Pike2350

What about a 2nd small hole on passenger side...incase you have a flag and CB antenna...plus option for either side

Also knowing Toyota guys....I'd say sand ladder mounts, rotopax mounts....but then they wouldn't be as visible and not many Toyota owners would they're cool enough 😆

notajeep

Just me
What about a 2nd small hole on passenger side...incase you have a flag and CB antenna...plus option for either side

Also knowing Toyota guys....I'd say sand ladder mounts, rotopax mounts....but then they wouldn't be as visible and not many Toyota owners would they're cool enough 😆
Excellent points! The Flag pole mount actually uses the dimpled hole in the bottom of the cup holder. But if there's a need to build another batch of them I'll be sure to add a second antenna hole to the passenger side.

And yes, all traction boards and rotopax MUST be displayed up high for the world to see. 🙃

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Is your antenna mount a standard or NMO size? I like the idea of 2 standard, 2 NMO, etc. Holes are easy. And fast.;)

Are these sturdy enough to stand on for some (unknown to me) reason? Are they strong enough to be used as a tie-down point?

BTW, they look awesome.

notajeep

Just me
Is your antenna mount a standard or NMO size? I like the idea of 2 standard, 2 NMO, etc. Holes are easy. And fast.;)

Are these sturdy enough to stand on for some (unknown to me) reason? Are they strong enough to be used as a tie-down point?

BTW, they look awesome.
Antenna hole is .500, you could stand on them... I probably shouldn't. Definitely can be used as additional tie downs. More holes for the next batch.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member

Oh so 70's ... :rofl: .. good buddy