Tacoman's 4th gen "Expo" 4Runner

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
So I picked up a 2003 Limited Sport 4runner. The funny thing is I bought it from a dead guy. :ugh: "Grandpa John", as they called him, was a rancher from Pinedale Wy. He bought this 4runner as his "going to town truck" back in 2003. Grandpa John passed away about a year ago so it was time to start selling off his stuff.

Specs:
2003 Toyota 4runner
Fully loaded Limited Sport
4.7 V8
4wd

45,000 miles on the odo :D

It came with documentation from Fremont Toyota in Wy. They serviced it every 3,000 miles.

I wasn't really looking for this, but with my wife getting large with child I decided to get a "Family Friendly" outdoor vehicle. I'm looking to get Joesph Style on this and make it more "expo" than his KJ he never stops talking about. Kurt I may need your help.

IMAG0796.jpg

More pics to come

Last edited:

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Nice! Looking forward to the changes to come! What's your estimated time frame to get it 'expo'?

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Nice! Looking forward to the changes to come! What's your estimated time frame to get it 'expo'?
I have to wait and see if I'm moving to DC should know next week.
I also need to move out of my parents house. (have been at their house till I hear about DC)

If I am staying in Utah I want to bring it to the "freeze your tail off"

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
What's your estimated time frame to get it 'expo'?

The only way to make anything "expo" is to start a "build" thread on Expedition Portal (ExPo) talking about all the sweet, overly expensive things you are planning on doing so you can go on one of those nifty "expeditions" you read about. You'll probably only every get 25% of what you say you want, so you are never "prepared" to actually go on one of those "expeditions" that Kurt or DAA goes on. You get in arguments over whats better, the Snow Peak or Triple Aught Design titanium spork. And you always plan on that nifty cool two day "expedition" you're going to do once you're rig is "done", but really it just sits in your driveway and you drive it to work while wearing you ExOfficio shirt and pants. Thats how you make your rig "expo"!

So in short, you never want your rig to be "expo". Ever. Unless you're a giant tool. Like Joe C. Because he brings teh expo everywhere he goes. :D

sixstringsteve

The only way to make anything "expo" is to start a "build" thread on Expedition Portal (ExPo) talking about all the sweet, overly expensive things you are planning on doing so you can go on one of those nifty "expeditions" you read about. You'll probably only every get 25% of what you say you want, so you are never "prepared" to actually go on one of those "expeditions" that Kurt or DAA goes on. You get in arguments over whats better, the Snow Peak or Triple Aught Design titanium spork. And you always plan on that nifty cool two day "expedition" you're going to do once you're rig is "done", but really it just sits in your driveway and you drive it to work while wearing you ExOfficio shirt and pants. Thats how you make your rig "expo"!

So in short, you never want your rig to be "expo". Ever...

^^^ haha, well said.

That reminds me, I need to get me a titanium dishware set.

sixstringsteve

I'm surprised you don't have any with all the expo's you go on! How have you managed to have such expic expo's with out a complete Snow Peak expo approved expo cooking set?!?!?!

I made a deal with the devil. Everyone knows that's the only way to have fun on an expedition without titanium flatware. How did people travel and have fun 15 years ago before ExPo existed?

I need to order my solar panel charger now...

Last edited: