Talk me out of a Pontiac G8?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Nice, it's going to be a fun project.

I’m hoping it’s slightly streetable? It’s loud for sure

This is a pretty serious engine. Only thing I can compare it to is a 12 second (at RMR) Cutlass I painted 20-22 years ago. I’ll have to learn to live with the ornery? I really haven’t dared floor it yet. Shit happens pretty fast as you hit the throttle.

Not sure how realistic it is for me to want to drive this on the street? I’ve went from test driving late model Mustang 5.0/6 speeds to buying this semi-race car. I’ll likely put some kind of actual mufflers on the car and add a bunch of sound deadening to the interior.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
It's quite something. I had a couple back in the day. Solid, but kinda need a girdle if you're really gonna put it to it. Easy mod, and the torque is awesome.

@mbryson, lemme know. He'd love to get the floor space in his 1-car garage back hahah. That's a pretty cool project.

I'm for SURE months away from buying anything for the car. I need to payback my credit line before I move fwd with anything. This just seemed like WAY to many good parts to pass up for the price to say nothing of not having a lot of sheetmetal to repair.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Yeah, I hear you there. It can continue to sit as long as needed. That car is pretty sweet, and worth the investment IMHO. Fair outlay of cash, so I get it. Hood looks like the only major body issue in the pics/video.