Talk to me about big adventure bikes.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
That's awesome! Glad you are breaking it in quickly. ADV bikes are a different animal on dirt than dirt bikes. It took me quite a while to get comfortable.

rholbrook

Starting into the pile of parts. Some things I am not going to put on until I get to the first 500 mile oil change like the Rekluse, Cat elimination pipe, lower protective bars(waiting on skid plate). When I drop the pan to swap that out I will drain the oil and put in the Rekluse as well as drop the Cat out the bottom. One finger clutch arm, case protector, pegs, IMG_7852.JPGIMG_7853.JPGIMG_7854.JPGIMG_7855.JPGIMG_7856.JPGheat shield for the Mosko bags, QuadLock mount, bar risers but now I am thinking I want them in black. Tonight I hope to have everything done I can until the skid pan shows up. I still need to get the Rally Pack installed from the dealer. Hope to get that done next week before I head out on a 700 mile ride around Wyoming on Thursday.
IMG_7857.JPG

rholbrook

We went on a multi day ride last weekend that started in Star Valley and ended in a big 1,000 mile loop over 4 days. Our goal was as little asphalt as possible. We rode a lot of beautiful areas and rarely stopped to take pictures but Day 1 ended in Deboise, WY via PinedaleOKJY0165.JPGIMG_7942.JPG, Day 2 ended in Driggs(changed hotels because day one was so fun we decided to ride it backwards). Day 3 ended in West Yellowstone via Isand Park and Big Sky, Day 4 ended in Afton via Yellowstone Park, Grand Teton Park, and Jackson. Here are a few pictures but I have a pretty good idea of what I need to carry on the 890 Adventure R.
QAKJ8790.JPGIMG_7908.JPGKJTJ7602.JPG
IMG_7931.JPG
We saw bear, moose, elk, deer, antelope, coyote, rabbit and a whole bunch of potguts playing chicken with us. Island Park was a zoo, Big Springs looked boat ramp was blocked probably 300 years long. Anyway, I am hooked. Yellowstone at 6 am on a motorcycle will forever make it hard to get in a car to go through. We got hailed on, rained on and even got really cold at 42 degrees . Most mountain temps were in the low 70s and the mountains were so green.

J-mobzz

Sad to say I be only put 500 miles on it in the last month. I’m looking to get back on it more and log some miles. That said I want some more off-road friendly rubber. Something preferably that won’t kill the street-ability of it. I don’t really care about long life as much as performance.

What would you guys recommend?