Tell me your favorite wheel cleaner.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
What do you use to get brake dust deposits off of polished aluminum wheels? I don't know if I've got some particularly heinous brake pads or if I just let it cook too long but my normal Armor-All stuff and a spinny sponge in a drill isn't touching this crap.

20220724_154636.jpg

02SE

I had a set of polished alloy wheels on a Toyota truck back in the early 90's. Polishing became my full-time job. I eventually was much happier with clear-coated wheels.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I had a set of polished alloy wheels on a Toyota truck back in the early 90's. Polishing became my full-time job. I eventually was much happier with clear-coated wheels.
I love the look of these when they're clean, but I'm a low maintenance guy and if I have to make a habit of polishing them that's gonna get old quick.

Would it be effective to have them cleared right after I polish them?

02SE

I'm not a paint guy, so I don't know. It seems reasonable.

What I did was sell the polished wheels, and bought some clear-coated American Racing wheels.

Coco

I imagine you could dismount them, polish them, and have them powdercoated clear? Powder will hold up better than clear paint. Just a lot of time and labor involved.