Jeep Tera 4 to 1 Q's

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
so i just got my jeep back on the road :D

197761_1655440632389_1428286145_31478325_5365735_n.jpg

I just installed a 231 tcase with tera 4 to 1 in it and 2lo

just wondering if its normal for it to have a whining noise whilst driving?

and is it normal for hard shifting?

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Whining when? I have a tera 4:1 and it has a high pitch whine in low range but in high it is no more noise than any other transfer case. I have 2low kit in mine and it is sometimes hard to shift from 2low to 4 low.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
It should be as quiet as stock in 2hi, but some whine in 4lo is normal... As stated before, be careful not to overspin the case in 4lo, as you'll grenade it in no time.

IIRC, fluid was discussed in a previous thread, but you used ATF, correct?

When you say "hard shifting" does that mean the linkage feels tight, or does it feel like there is something not engaging properly? Once it engages, does it stay in gear?

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
yes i used synthetic ATF, im starting to think its my linkage out of adjustment but no it wont stay in gear and makes kind of a grinding noise when you try

Xploderkid97

been running mine for a year and a half and it has whined in 2hi... but runs strong. It is a quiet whine... but i dont have carpet and everything is tucked up tight inside the body... it shifted fine drives fine. no sign of the whine being bad... recently added a 1 inch bl and had some hard shifting but just got under it and played with the "settings" a bit and shifts just fine now.