Tesla Truck (Cybertruck)

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
The more I look at it, the more I like it. As a trophy truck it just looks badass.
Here's the slight modifications I'd make with the ole angle grinder and tig welder. :handlebars:

Cybertruck2.jpg

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Nope, now I hate it all over again. Good lord but that's ugly.

XEbIaEG.png

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I saw an electric Hummer in the Gateway mall parking structure yesterday. (Where I work.) I didn't really think I'd ever see one in the wild but I was wrong.

I don't know if you guys have ever watched MKBHD but he's a good tech writer/reviewer. He started as a kid with a camcorder in the early youtube days and has kept at it and built a pretty impressive company over the years. This Auto Focus channel is a new one for him that does without all the fancy video gadgets and editing. Just him and a cell phone camera doing reviews of electric cars. Living in a big city his takes and preferences are a little different than what we might have in the west but he's consistent and fair.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I saw an electric Hummer in the Gateway mall parking structure yesterday. (Where I work.) I didn't really think I'd ever see one in the wild but I was wrong.

I don't know if you guys have ever watched MKBHD but he's a good tech writer/reviewer. He started as a kid with a camcorder in the early youtube days and has kept at it and built a pretty impressive company over the years. This Auto Focus channel is a new one for him that does without all the fancy video gadgets and editing. Just him and a cell phone camera doing reviews of electric cars. Living in a big city his takes and preferences are a little different than what we might have in the west but he's consistent and fair.

I got to ride in a Hummer EV at Overland Expo East last year (only GM employees were allowed to drive, sadly). Its massive, but gets off the line stupid quick and did just fine on the off-road course. If I had $100k to spend on a rig, there's far better places to spend it. But some of the technology is cool and it'll be interesting to see some of it trickle down into more useful, affordable vehicles.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm interested/excited to spend time with the Cybertruck. I don't have a want/need to own one but l appreciate them as an option. I was able to do an off-road trip with the Rivian R1T and Hummer EV this last spring, nothing crazy technical but multi day off-road. They have limitations, recharge times & location being the most prevalent. Their range was on par with the gas vehicles we had but required many hours to charge and that at very specific spots.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I love the idea of an electric truck. I would guess that we’re still around 10 years away from them being a feasible option for most of the truck owners on here. Of course, according to YouTube, EVs will be extinct by then.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
A Rivian or F150 Lightning would work for 99.9% of what I use my truck for right now (not a Cybertruck though, I'm not a furry). I would miss that .1% though - that's the best part.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I’ve been driving my brother’s ‘21 Powerboost F150 for work for the last few weeks. The hybrid tech is neat, but man I know it’s going to be a nightmare to the wallet when it’s time for mechanical maintenance/repair.
Just watching a review from MKBDH and hes showing the steering wheel but the big thing there is how little it actually rotates (lock to lock) because of the rear axle steer.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I keep saying a 3.0l twin turbo diesel hybrid in a 3500/350 chassis would be amazing. It would pull 10K lbs over hills like they were flat and the regenerative breaking would outshine even the best tow haul function in current transmissions as well as recharge batteries. Combine that with mid to upper 20's MPG when empty! However, with the complexity of a hybrid added to the complexity of a modern diesel and I think you'd just throw it away at the first major maintenance event.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I keep saying a 3.0l twin turbo diesel hybrid in a 3500/350 chassis would be amazing. It would pull 10K lbs over hills like they were flat and the regenerative breaking would outshine even the best tow haul function in current transmissions as well as recharge batteries. Combine that with mid to upper 20's MPG when empty! However, with the complexity of a hybrid added to the complexity of a modern diesel and I think you'd just throw it away at the first major maintenance event.
Yup. Take away the emissions equipment and I'm in like Flynn.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

Not deeezl but I think Ram has something like that coming out