Wanted TF904 Transmission

Coco

Looking for a TF904 in good shape. My carrier bearing mount broke on my buggy 1 mile on the dirt road heading to the trail in Montrose and did some good damage to my transmission.

Bob B

I have one from a 80 CJ7, worked when I pulled it. I had it adapted to a GM 350. Its been sitting in the corner for 10ish years. No torque converter for it. 50 bucks.. Let me know.

Coco

I have one from a 80 CJ7, worked when I pulled it. I had it adapted to a GM 350. Its been sitting in the corner for 10ish years. No torque converter for it. 50 bucks.. Let me know.

I'll take it. PM Sent.

Last edited:

Coco

Unfortunately, it was the wrong bellhousing. I need the 60* bellhousing. It's like a needle in a haystack I am sure, but thought I would check.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Early XJ with the 2.8 V6 should be the right donor. Still hard to find...but at least it's something to search junkyards for?

astjp2

What engine is in your buggy? There were the big block Mopar, small block mopar, amc without crank sensor, AMC with cranksensor and I think that the early 80's inline 4 was some weird combination of GM and mopar. You can also get it as a 999, 998, 904, 30rh, 32 rh, and a few variations of those depending on electric lockup, valvebody lockup, and no lockup. What parts do you need? if the housing is good, then everything else is available off the shelf. Tim