Thanksgiving weekend!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
If 10:00 Friday morning works for everyone let’s just plan on that :cool:

bad news for me on this trip. I’ve decided to stay off interstates so it’s taken me two days to make about 300 miles headed north to see family. At this rate I won’t arrive there until mid next week.Staying for any time to visit will put me in way too much time crunch to make it all the way across the country.Unfortunately, that means I won’t be making this Thanksgiving trip either.

zgfiredude

Old Fart in Training...
Rot Box.....what's the current status on this? I WAS planning to head to AZ to get our new camper, but just found out that its delayed "several weeks".

So perhaps I can convince my wife we need to do this for perhaps the Friday meet up, overnight somewhere ?, and some more fun on Saturday????

What are your thoughts/plans, are you still going?

zgfiredude

Old Fart in Training...
We are thinking go down and meet up on Friday AM......run the Swell area and camp somewhere...Goblin Valley? Then some add'l exploring on Saturday and we'll likely camp along the river by Moab Sat. nite.....and wiggle our way home on Sunday.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Rot Box.....what's the current status on this?
What are your thoughts/plans, are you still going?

Yes still planning on it. So the plan is.. well there is no plan I’m horrible when it comes to nailing down routes and such haha.

That said we’ll be meeting at the wedge @ 10am Friday morning (I might come down Thursday and camp at the wedge for those interested in joining). From there head south into the Swell checking out all the hot spots along the way. Planning to camp Friday and Saturday night. One of those nights I’d like to spend at Sid and Charley it’s off the beaten path and pretty cool to see. Planning to stick to dirt roads rather than trails but Eagle canyon and Black Dragon trails have me interested. I’m not sure if my stock vehicle would handle those though it’s been a long time since I’ve been to either of them.

It’ll be super laid back and I figure we’d all just point at the map and shoot. If anyone wants to check something out along the way that would be great.

Would love to have you join if you can,

Andrew

zgfiredude

Old Fart in Training...
I'll look at maps tonight....we're game. Temple Mtn Rd from the Wedge south to Goblin is more scenic than you'd think, really nice, and super easy road. That would take us to Goblin Valley....the Campground at Gobilin still has a couple of tent sites open. The Mrs said as long as we can have a campfire I'm in......so we're in! We'll also have the two micro dogs along with us, but you'll hardly notice them, LOL.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Friday is coming up quick :cool: If you guys want to bring some firewood that would be great. I have five bundles so that should last awhile.

If there’s an open spot I’ll be in the campground right on the wedge overlook. I’ll be in a big purple Superduty Ford you can miss it lol.

zgfiredude

Old Fart in Training...
We well head out early on Friday morning and are about 4 hours away.....shooting to arrive at 10 (ish) Red JKU. We'll bring some firewood as well. I have a couple of ideas on where to go, but we can discuss and I'll bring my good maps of the Swell. It will be me, my wife Nancy, and the attack Pomeranians!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'll look at maps tonight....we're game. Temple Mtn Rd from the Wedge south to Goblin is more scenic than you'd think, really nice, and super easy road. That would take us to Goblin Valley....the Campground at Gobilin still has a couple of tent sites open. The Mrs said as long as we can have a campfire I'm in......so we're in! We'll also have the two micro dogs along with us, but you'll hardly notice them, LOL.
Temple Mtn road is very scenic and easy. I drove my 31' motorhome down it.