The 14 Bolt Diet

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Come over and grab onto one of these drums,, They are freekin Heavy!

I might even get a little more torque:rolleyes:

Can't wait to drive it and see how it stops:D

My stock axels had disks front and rear and I loved it.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I haven't driven it at this point. I need two smaller hard lines to complete the job.

I changed out the master and booster when I did the axle swap. I run ones out of a 3/4 ton chevy van.

I'll let ya know Friday how she works:cool:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I did the smae thing before T-day Moab trip, only mine had dually drums on it, can you say -150? You will love it, no doubt.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Hey Shawn that looks great! Tell me what calipers you are using, and what are you going to do for a parking brake?

EZ R

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Ohhhh...

I don't wish the caddy calipers on my worst enemies......

Plus they are expensive if you buy em new. The only place I found that could get them was Pep Boys and they were like $100 each. They are difficult to keep adjusted (Ebrake gets "loose" and won't self adjust like they are supposed to.) Plus you have to use the secret EZ formula in order to bleed them. They are just a bear to bleed.

I am planning on re-plumbing my jeep someday and adding a line lock to the front so I have E brake plus E-E Brake for the front. I would give serious consideration to line locks and or a T case e-brake. But I'll divulge my secret formula if you decide to go the Caddy route.

EZ

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
First off, Line locks won't pass safety. I would like to run them,, in fact I have everything I need to do so.

Second off, I don't have the drive line lenth to add a e brake there.

Kinda screwed in both areas. If I have to put the Cady calipers on to pass inspection, then take them off, I will.

PS. I now where there is a set, and I won't have to pay much for them.

We just put a set on Randy's Scout so, I may need the advice.

Thanks,

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Yeah I thought you might bring up the safety inspection issue. I don't think I've ever had the inspecto-weenies ever look at a park brake though! You can have a line lock just not as your only source of E. Just show the weenie a wheel chock and say OK here's my E brake! (it's the best kind, anyway).

Mount the e brake on your pinion......? :D

EZ R